Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all--

I'm just wondering if I'm the only person who has seen their descriptions that pop up on the Kindle go wrong. This has happened three times now. When I have gone into make adjustments to the descriptions, they have gotten changed on the Amazon page, but what pops up on the Kindle has been screwed up in a variety of ways and not been fixed, despite several emails to KDP. First time I've been stonewalled by them. I'm wondering what's happened to the IT dept.

Anybody else have a similiar problem?

Dana Taylor

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Have you adjusted any part of the page through Author Central?

I've found that if I adjust one part of the Author Central page, it sometimes messes up the formatting of other parts. I don't know if this is on Amazon or me, though, since I just started copy-pasting things into Author Central from notepad instead of Word. I think Word sometimes transfers funky formatting that doesn't register the first time, but then shows up later??

I don't know. Anyway, the fix is generally to go back into Author Central and fix it. Then wait two more days. Then it usually looks all right. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Are you typing in your description or cutting and pasting it? Sometimes there are problems when you cut and paste text from another program.

Another thing that can cause problems is when you switch between KDP and Author Central to make updates to your book. You should pick one and stick with that method to update your books or you will run into issues. I think Amazon even mentions this.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi--

I want to publically state that KDP fixed all the description problems on my books. It took a couple weeks (maybe somebody was on vacation?) But I have no more complaints.

Thanks!

Dana Taylor

·
Registered
977 Posts
I recently discovered that when I make changes through Author Central they only update on the Amazon US site... going forward, I'll stick to making changes directly through KDP. Glad they got your issues sorted out ;D.

·
Registered
91 Posts
WriterGurl1 said:
I recently discovered that when I make changes through Author Central they only update on the Amazon US site... going forward, I'll stick to making changes directly through KDP. Glad they got your issues sorted out ;D.
I was wondering if I could update through Author Central, and what the the difference was between updating through KDP. Now I know. Thanks for the info. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts