Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since you've had your Kindle, have you changed your reading habits?  Are you reading the same, more, or less.......faster, slower or the same?  Do you read in different places than previously? Buying more since it's easier to download?  How many bookcases would it take to hold all your Kindle books if they were all DTBs?  ;)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I'm reading the same amount, which is a lot. I have found that I'm trying more new authors. I was alway reluctant to buy books from a different author. Now I can download a sample and if I like it buy it. I think I have enjoyed reading more than ever. It is really nice sharing an account with my daughter. Twice the books to read.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I find that I'm reading more. It's easy to "hide" my Kindle at work (I prop it up against the monitor) and its so much easier than having to put a bookmark in when I put a book down.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kathy -- This is great.  Just the kind of added info I was interested in, but didn't know how to ask.  I hope others will share, too, as I pass time waiting for my Kindle!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I'm reading about the same amount, I have picked up a lot of free books in subjects I normally wouldn't read.  I'd need probably 2 4' bookcases to hold all my books that I have read.  I find the one click way too easy to use after reading samples.  I still read everywhere so my where hasn't changed. 

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yes, and I don't even have it yet.
I'm furiously trying to get through the huge pile of DTBs I have still to read before I finally get it  :p

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
I probably read the same amount. . .but I think I'm reading different stuff.

I'm reading this board a lot more.  ;D

Ann

·
Registered
860 Posts
I'm on the internet less, which I think is a good thing, and reading IRL a lot more.  And more variety.  I love samples and all the free classics.  It does seem like older paperbacks, in general, should cost less on the Kindle.  I can buy DTB paperbacks often for less than a Kindle copy and that's fairly annoying.  I'd rather have it on my Kindle than have to store another DTB but I refuse to pay more for "less."

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Like many others, I am reading new and different authors and genres than I did before, thanks to freebies, cheapies, and samples. I am also reading more classics, and for free! I love that when I finished Twilight and the questions at the end talked about comparing it to Pride and Prejudice, I could immediately go download and read Pride and Prejudice to see for myself.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'm reading a bit more now and Jinx just makes it easier in every aspect. I'm also reading authors who's books I'd normally not pick up in a bookstore, not to mention different genres. I found that I do like fantasy a bit providing there aren't way too many names to keep track of...hehe. I've learned to let go... that names are names and places are just places and if I don't understand it, it just is and it's the story that I'm really after :p

The sampling feature is wonderful and dangerous at the same time...those of you 1-clicking away know what I mean ;) And, I've found that 1-clicking is way too easy!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I'm reading more now that I have the Kindle. I've been really bad in the last few years, and haven't bought/read many books.  I don't think I read any faster on the Kindle, but I don't really know. I've never timed myself reading. The speed of my reading usually depends on the complexity of what I'm reading, so it varies anyway (as far as I know).

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I read as much as I usually do (which is a lot to begin with). I buy more books and I purchase purses based on whether or not it fits my K.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I think I read faster because of the adjustable font size. I was reading more after Kindle, I'm reading less since I found Kindleboards. Bad habit, but like most bad habits, it's a lot of fun. but (hem, hem) I'm just here for the informative articles.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I think that I'm either reading a lot more or I'm reading faster - I normally went through about a book a day, I'm reading about 10 a week now.  This is not good news - my book  budget is SHOT and I have to share book budget with DTBs for my SO.  The good news is that I have 2 $25 gift cards coming from my Amazon Visa.  ;D  So there's next month's books. 

Katiekat

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think I'm reading more basically because I take Scotty to work and read at lunch and when I get a few minutes here and there. I wouldn't do that before with a DTB-not sure why though, guess it was too much trouble to carry around, bookmark my place etc. I definitely have tried new authors through the sampling and recommendations from all of you here.

Lynn L.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Definitely. I am reading more, faster and reading different authors and books I never would have chosen in a book store. The new authors and different genres is more Kindleboard buddies than the Kindle.

linda

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I'm reading a lot more and a lot more from different categories. I may have 2 or 3 different books from different genres open at the same time and read what hits my fancy at any given moment.

Steve

B

·
0 Posts
I seem to be reading though stuff a lot faster now. I can read for longer periods of time. I am also reading stuff that I do not think I would have found at a brick and mortar store. Amazon has made some great recommendations and then everyone here gives good advice.

Samples are a two-edged sword, good way to get an idea of if I am going to like something, but coupled with 1-click....look out. I have learned to go to the description page first, look at the price and then decide if it is REALLY worth it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts