Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so twice in the past week I've demoed my K2 for people.....and BOTH times the person asked if they could buy mine right there! And no neither person was kidding. One person offered me $100 and the other offered me $125........What gives? I told them politely no and told them Amazon has plenty in stock and they could get theirs online. I could never give up my K2! :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,848 Posts
$100?  $125?  That's an insult.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
Nice that they offered you less than a third of the price of a Kindle, without a cover or skin. You've got to hope that they really didn't know the cost of the Kindle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,391 Posts
stevene9 said:
I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they had no idea what it sells for.
Yeah - those prices are what I see people saying in other forums that they won't consider any ereader until it comes down to that price. So I think folks who are just beginning to look at them have no clue how expensive they still are.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
599 Posts
No... once my roommate did ask if she could buy a headband from me, though. It was so strange.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,457 Posts
That is just utterly bizarre.  I'll admit I've been tempted to rip the jacket off someone's back occasionally, but I'm pretty good at limiting myself to finding out the brand & setting up a search on ebay.  LOL  (Yes, I really have done it, and 9 times out of 10, I find the exact match within my first or second ebay hunt.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LOL it was rather odd......one of the people I know for sure knew the retail price of the K2.......she had mentioned it earlier in the demo. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
HA! I don't usually literally LOL, but I just did. Where was Allen Funt?

I can't think of a time I ever liked something so much I felt compelled to offer them money on the spot. Plus there's just no fair market value for a Kindle loaded with personal goodies and choice selections waiting to be read.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,131 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
No too mention that my K2 was decked out in a decal Girl Skin and a Creek Bed Maple Oberon........ ::)
Wow, you're almost at $100 there without the Kindle! And they wanted it all including the cover and skin? Pretty unbelievable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,566 Posts
Next time someone offers you cash for your Kindle, smile and say "Sure. Seven hundred bucks." Then you get to watch their eyes go wide and see them take 3 steps back.

But, if they happened to nibble...for that you could but a new one AND a lot of books.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
Thumper said:
Next time someone offers you cash for your Kindle, smile and say "Sure. Seven hundred bucks." Then you get to watch their eyes go wide and see them take 3 steps back.

But, if they happened to nibble...for that you could but a new one AND a lot of books.
Awesome idea, Thumper....I'll keep it in mind, although, no one has ever offered me cash for it :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
stevene9 said:
I would give them the benefit of the doubt that they had no idea what it sells for.
I guess many people still are innocent about the Kindle and they also dont know how much it cost and how much it can be an enjoyable and good device for everyday living. Good that you are educating people about your Kindle but perhaps also teach them why you have it, its value, use to you and how much it costs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,329 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
OK so twice in the past week I've demoed my K2 for people.....and BOTH times the person asked if they could buy mine right there! And no neither person was kidding. One person offered me $100 and the other offered me $125........What gives? I told them politely no and told them Amazon has plenty in stock and they could get theirs online. I could never give up my K2! :eek:
Instant gratification. Plus you drove it off the lot, so it depreciated. :D
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top