Kindle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
10,133 Posts
I'm sorry, Alexa, we seem to have neglected to welcome your vendor thread! Boilerplate follows ...

You're welcome to promote your business and website here in the Writers' Cafe.

Now that you have an official thread, you'll want to add your listing to our Yellow Pages, found here: http://www.kboards.com/yp/. The listing is free to KB members and is completely self-service; you can add and edit your listing from the page. More information on our Yellow Pages listing can be found here.

In your thread here, we ask that the same basic rules be followed as we have for authors in the Book Bazaar: you may have this one thread about your service and must post to it rather than start a new thread each time. New threads about the service will be removed. Please bookmark this thread so that you can find it again when you want to post.

You may not make back-to-back posts to the thread within seven days. If someone responds (as I'm doing with this post), you may reply to them, but otherwise you must wait seven days. Any pattern of posting designed to artificially bump your thread to the top of the forum is prohibited. Please note that very short or (one- or two-word) posts with no meaningful information are discouraged and may be deleted at the moderators' discretion.

Lastly, your posts and images will need to meet our "forum decorum" guidelines, which is the case for every member.

You may find that members ask searching questions -- about how your service works, for example, or what they will get for their money, or whether your service adheres to Amazon's terms of service. Such "vetting" is a common here and can be rigorous.

Note that members are allowed to provide civil and honest feedback about your service in this thread. This feedback may include criticisms as well as kudos. You may respond to criticism in a civil manner, but name-calling, badgering, accusations of lying, and other breaches of forum decorum can lead to loss of vendor posting privileges.

Any and all disputes between you and your clients should be handled off-site.

Thanks,
Becca
KBoards Moderator

(Note that this welcome does not constitute an endorsement or vetting of a service by KBoards. Members should do due diligence when considering using a service.)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Dates are currently booking up fast lately. Aside from the availability listed in my first post, I might be able to squeeze another beta read in end of this month/very beginning of May, depending (but not enough time for a developmental edit in there).  ;)

I'm also considering adding in an optional service for beta reading, called Beat Read Plus. This extra would include a back and forth discussion via email after I send my comments, to talk about exactly what might and might not work (or brainstorm ideas for fixes and edits, etc.). It would cost another $0.001 per word.  :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I'm currently finishing up a beta reading job, and then I'll be taking the rest of the summer off with beta reading and developmental editing (I'll still schedule sample edits and formatting, though, as needed).

I can still schedule in advance, of course, so you can always send the request at any time that's convenient to you.

So, if you're looking for a beta read or a developmental edit, I'm scheduling from September 16 and forward!

This will also give me some time to update services and forms.  ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
The kids are back in school, and I've updated my services and forms for Haunted Unicorn Publishing! :D

Highlights of changes:

• I've added a Beta Plus option for Beta Reading. With this, we can have a back and forth discussion about how to tackle any areas in your book that need work.
  • I've added Paperback Formatting!
  • The Sample Edit is now the first 1500 words.

I'd be happy to field any questions, as usual. I'm ready to get back into things now that summer's over! ;)

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I hope everyone's had a lovely week!  :D

I've tweaked a couple things on the website with the formatting to reflect the recent Vellum update. For Kindle files, I can easily convert the EPUB to a MOBI if needed for ARC/direct giveaway reasons, if you aren't comfortable using Kindle Previewer to do it yourself.  :)

21 - 40 of 56 Posts