Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,178 Posts
jb1111 said:
Yeah, it's 1M in the rankings but the book is well over a year old. For an unknown indie author, with a book that doesn't have flash-bang pro artwork on the cover and no promotion, that's not bad. Probably a few organic sales every week.

I wish the OP luck in his and his brother's writing endeavors. Looks like they've got a few books up for sale.
I don't understand. It doesn't matter how old the book is; if it's selling well, it won't be showing as more than 1million ranked in the US store and 900,000 on the UK store. Those figures are up to date.

I am puzzled as to why someone would post here, declare their book is selling itself, when anyone can see it's doing nothing of the sort. Is this a ploy to get everyone looking? Now I suppose I'll be inundated with similar titles.

· Registered
6,178 Posts
MikeDD said:
I didn't claim a raving hit, only that it was selling on its own without promotion. It would be nice to know why it was selling to understand the phenomena. Usually, after a promotion, sales die but this one is the first one to move on its own. Without advertising, I'm not sure how readers are even finding out about this book.
If you did a promotion, maybe free, those results still show up in the lists after the promotion ends. I did a free five days of a book that rarely sells recently and when that was over, it began to sell and have page reads. It's all about visibility.

· Registered
6,178 Posts
jb1111 said:
I have books ranked in the 1M range and they sell one or two a month, the rank sometimes going under 1M, and other times staying just above 1M ranking. The ranking, as we all know, is relative, and changes.

I think the OP is just wondering why his sales are either holding, or going up. The fact is that sometimes your book is found by people. And we are in the midst of lockdowns that have aided some authors due to people doing a bit more reading.
I'm with you now (I think). I have a couple of books that sell nothing for months and then one pops up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.