Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Rose Gordon said:
All right, be completely honest, do you (or does anyone else) think dialogue tags are problematic enough to re-edit an entire book that's been out for four months and has potentially already peaked?

Thanks Vicki, I'll go read that article.

I'm glad I came here to ask, I had NO idea it was dialogue tags that were the problem. Although, I'm sure it could still be something else entirely, but this does give me something to go off of.
In my opinion, it's never too late to make your book the best it can be. If that means another edit, that's what it takes. I would definitely hire an editor who will nix those tags, and help make that book the best it can be.

If you're getting good sales, you want them to come back. A so-so book might not make a return customer.

PM me if you want the name of my editor. She's great, and won't hesitate to nix the tags.

Vicki

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I'm impressed that you've handled this so well. I have actually seen authors who will ignore issues because they felt like it's already published, so why bother?

Good for you for doing something about it! And I'm so glad it's selling so well for you. I'm sure it will continue to do well.

Vicki

1 - 4 of 4 Posts