Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you read any good books about Merlin...that you can reccomend to me please ...feel l need to read a good book on merlin and fantasy. thankyou in advance

·
Registered
327 Posts
I agree 100% with the previous recommendation. Wonder who owns the rights to Stewart's books now?

She wrote some good romantic suspense, too.

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
The link above is to Mary Stewart titles available at Amazon. . .but they're not Kindle books.

Interestingly, I believe her Merlin trilogy was available for a time as a bundle. . . .but I'm not finding it any longer.  Possibly pulled to correct formatting.  Or it wasn't a legal copy.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Maybe not the book to read if you're looking for one that puts Merlin in a good light, but a good read nonetheless:

PS: Since that cover's pretty hard to read, that's Mark Twain's A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

·
Registered
141 Posts
My favorite portrayal of Merlin is in T. H. White's The Once and Future King. But there's no Kindle edition for that title, either. Not for lack of me clicking the "Tell Publisher" link, though...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
The link above is to Mary Stewart titles available at Amazon. . .but they're not Kindle books.

Interestingly, I believe her Merlin trilogy was available for a time as a bundle. . . .but I'm not finding it any longer. Possibly pulled to correct formatting. Or it wasn't a legal copy.
I bought that when it was available, and it's a real mess. Wouldn't surprise me if it weren't a legal release, though unfortunately I've bought some legal messes, too, so you never know.

Jim

·
Registered
69 Posts
Start with: Skystone by Jack Whyte.

It's a pre-aurthur tale and goes through and leads up to the start of his life. What's interesting about the series is that Merlin is a real man, with real feelings, and the secret behind his magic is....Well, you'll just have to read the series.

An excellent read.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts