Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a few books in KDP select. I use the free periods but never promote them and on average, I only ever get 150 to 250 for a single day in both the UK and the same in the US, but it always seemed to be pretty predictable and I was fairly happy at that from the sales it generated afterward. However on a free day last Saturday I only had 60 downloads  in one day for a full length work and 5 for a short story.

Today week I made Survival Instinct free and my results so far are 0 for the UK and 1 for the US. Anyone else notice a slowdown?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Hi, Declan. Hope all is well in Brazil. Yes, Amazon has substantially devalued free. Books on free runs don't make the same inroads they did in the past. Most people need to use one of the big free websites to get enough downloads to make a free run worth it. You can even harm a book's rank with a free run if the downloads are small. 

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm definitely of the opinion that giving a book away for free on Amazon isn't what it used to be. My first promo was modest by most standards (at least the rankings were high), but I haven't seen much success with successive free days. I've decided not to do them anymore for my novel. Hopefully, things will change in the future.

·
Registered
5,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HAGrant said:
Hi, Declan. Hope all is well in Brazil. Yes, Amazon has substantially devalued free. Books on free runs don't make the same inroads they did in the past. Most people need to use one of the big free websites to get enough downloads to make a free run worth it. You can even harm a book's rank with a free run if the downloads are small.
Hi, yes everything is fine here in Brazil. Ive just noticed that my free book Survival Instinct doesn't have a free rank either in the UK or on .com. Yet I have downloads in the US for certain. I'm wondering if although they have set them free, there is a glitch on the rankings being displayed stopping visibility. It could be because I am viewing form the Brazil, so I'd appreciate it if someone from America could check. It's the next to last book in my signature.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Decon said:
Hi, yes everything is fine here in Brazil. Ive just noticed that my free book Survival Instinct doesn't have a free rank either in the UK or on .com. Yet I have downloads in the US for certain. I'm wondering if although they have set them free, there is a glitch on the rankings being displayed stopping visibility. It could be because I am viewing form the Brazil, so I'd appreciate it if someone from America could check. It's the next to last book in my signature.
No, the ranking doesn't show up. I would give it a few more hours. It will show up eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts