Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all:

I decided to established a meet the author thread oiver at Amazon and have been posting my book info, infor on Operation eBook Drop and The Indie Spotlight there, as well as articles (coming soon) on the new Amazon Meet Our Authors forum. I'll list mine here and invite you to come visit, track and leave a comment. If you have one, post yours in this discussion for visitors, trackers and commenters. The more traffic, the better the exposure.

MEET THE AUTHOR - EDWARD C. PATTERSON

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Edward, as always for your contributions to the writing community, thanks.

Meet J. R. Tomlin

My meet the author thread. :)

I have to say I hated the whole idea of separating authors, but the efforts of some of the writers on Amazon's new forum, including Edward, have turned it into a very welcoming place. Will posting there get many sales? I'm still skeptical, but it's a heck of a lot more friendly than the other Amazon forums so posting there can't hurt. :)

·
Registered
627 Posts

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Do what Edward and I do and post about more of your novels or with articles. I don't mean just bumps but something that tells more about who you are. Of course, Edward has so MANY novels (*boggle*) it's easy for him! LOL

·
Registered
11,736 Posts
Readers seem to be complaining that they can't sort out the genres and have to click on the author page first. Can we put it in the heading e.g.

Meet the author: Jan Hurst-Nicholson - humorous fiction, family saga, YA, children's.

Is this allowed?  ???

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I left a comment there Doug. Authors don't forget to track your own Meet the Author threads. Also, its a great place to start discussions about each others books. Readers may eventually come, but no traffic it will be page 22.

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
My plan is to try to post something to mine every day or so, either a blurb about one of my novels or something concerning my novels... something about Scotland or something else I think might possibly spark reader discussion. At the least it will bump my thread. :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Edward C. Patterson said:
I left a comment there Doug. Authors don't forget to track your own Meet the Author threads. Also, its a great place to start discussions about each others books. Readers may eventually come, but no traffic it will be page 22.

Edward C. Patterson
Thanks! I'll wait a while then thank you there.

That way it'll bump back up.
;D

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Paid a visit to William, Tara and Bryan. These threads can be a silliloqouy (almost a blog) if you want to keep it in the eyes of readers, if nothing else, your name. In the meanwhile, we should all visit one another, say high, ask questions and borrow a cup of sugar (or Vodka).  ;D

Edward C. Patterson

·
Registered
413 Posts
I created another one with my genre in the title. People kept saying they wouldn't open them without it. If anybody gets over that way, stop by and say hi. I'm going to hit some of the other ones here in a bit.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/meet%20our%20authors/ref=cm_cd_search_res_ti?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx2UYC1FC06SU8S&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx2UV34Y1P5NTCA&cdMsgID=Mx189UXS1GYNQVZ#Mx189UXS1GYNQVZ

Thanks!
Doug

PS: I just dropped by everybody to say hi. If you bump one for me, make it this one.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Brilliant suggestion, Edward! You are truly a leader of the indie-publishing cause.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Brilliant suggestion, Edward! You are truly a leader of the indie-publishing cause.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.