Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you "debuted" your K2 in public yet?  If so, where were you and did people stare, comment, etc.?  Just curious.  It must be hard to read if you always have people coming up to you!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I think people in Minnesota are too passive-aggressive.  They will stare at you and talk about you but they usually don't come forward and ask about it.

At work, I only told one person about my new K2.  The next day my boss's boss interrupts my meeting with someone and with a big grin on his face I get the "I hear you have a Kindle!".  So I got to do my first K2 demo.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I used it in a Quizno's sub place, and while waiting for my car to be worked on at a car audio shop.

No one has asked me about it yet.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I debuted my K2 while getting a pedicure and then read for an hour at a Starbucks in a Barnes & Noble. No one asked about it; I didn't notice if anyone snuck a peek at it as I was so engrossed in my book.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Haven't really taken it out in public (too nervous to transport it around sans cover) but my roommate was curious about it, so I showed it to him a bit.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I had a Dentist appointment on Thursday and thought that would be a perfect time to read my Kindle since I hate waiting.  I got to the receptionist desk and told them I was there for my appointment, sat down in the waiting room, and opened my Kindle to the book I was reading......then I was called in for my appointment.  What's with the them calling me in ON TIME!  ???  Sooooooo, no Kindle demo.  I barely even got to read a sentence.  :(

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've shown pretty much everyone at work and they like it. A couple people are thinking about getting one. My bookclub played with it. I also read it on BART (San Francisco's subway) and although I think people are curious I've only heard one person comment. She commented on how I had the new one.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I've shown most of my co-workers, and I've used it on the train as well. So far I haven't had anyone walk up to me and ask me about it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I used mine while watching my DS at swim lessons.  I was seated right next to a mom using a Sony 505.  I also used mine in my car while in the school parking lot waiting for school to let out.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I showed it to my co-workers (we all teach English) and two of them plan to get one and the other two looked very impressed and are probably thinking about it.  ;D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm a GM worker. (/Crodley ducks. For some reason we're devils lately) And when I showed it around at the factory, I felt like an Amazon employee. :)

I think I personally have sold two so far.  When I show it to people they will wave other people over to see it.  I think seeing the thing in person is MUCH more a selling point than reading about them in the paper.

As far as being in public with it, hey, I'm a member of the UAW I don't go in public anymore :)  (Just kidding)

Just FYI, I LOVE this thing, it's by far my favorite piece of technology.

·
Registered
85 Posts
A lot of ppl at work wanted a demo b/c they were all debating whether to get it or not...I think I may need to hold Kindle office hours :)

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
Hey! I just had a thought! We could charge for demos!

No.

I guess that would be wrong

:) Ann

·
Registered
12 Posts
I sat on a bench in a downtown shopping area on Thursday with it; several people looked at me as they passed by, but no comments.  I also read while my car was being serviced on Friday.  A man sitting across from me struck up a conversation, but didn't mention it.  I just kept reading, and he finally stopped talking to me!  No chances yet to show it off.  I did let my college-aged son play with it a little.  He thought it was very cool!!!  It felt like you feel with a new baby--I wanted him to be sitting down with it, and to stay in the room with me so I could supervise him!!!  :)  I would say I'm very overprotective!  My DH bought the K2 for me in early December as a Christmas present, and HE hasn't even held it yet!! (Of course, he hasn't shown a lot of interest in it either!)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had it with me at work on Wed, but nobody said anything while I was reading at lunch. I took it with me to visit my parents this weekend and showed everyone I possibly could, everyone was pretty impressed. I love this thing so much!

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
I took mine to the pool hall earlier today. Only one person noticed it. Most poolplayers are not even
sure what a book is ;) let alone a Kindle!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Crodley said:
I'm a GM worker. (/Crodley ducks. For some reason we're devils lately)
I know what you mean, I work on business jets, Falcons to be specific. You know, like Ford flew to D. C.?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts