Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading on your Kindle....in the early days anybody reach up to turn the page without thinking?

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Never attempted to turn the page, but I found myself trying to put my DTB Inkheart into sleep mode.  The buttons at the bottom that aren't there didn't work.
Nor did the dictionary feature.
So, Inkheart has been languishing at the end of the bed until I can find a more effecient way to read it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Sherlock said:
Reading on your Kindle....in the early days anybody reach up to turn the page without thinking?
I'm embarrassed to say I have. If it makes you feel any better I've also tried to FF through commercials when I'm watching live TV! The pitfalls of watching too much DVR'd TV, I guess! :-\

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
robin.goodfellow said:
Never attempted to turn the page, but I found myself trying to put my DTB Inkheart into sleep mode. The buttons at the bottom that aren't there didn't work.
Nor did the dictionary feature.
So, Inkheart has been languishing at the end of the bed until I can find a more effecient way to read it.
Can't help you with the buttons, but you could always glue/tape a dictionary on the back of the book. ;D

·
Registered
9,160 Posts
No, but I have done the opposite - the DTB wouldn't turn the page when I pressed on the side and when I did remember I had to turn the page myself, I started reading at the top of the right-hand page and realized I needed to go back to the left - it was definitely a DUH moment!

·
Registered
108 Posts
crebel said:
No, but I have done the opposite - the DTB wouldn't turn the page when I pressed on the side and when I did remember I had to turn the page myself, I started reading at the top of the right-hand page and realized I needed to go back to the left - it was definitely a DUH moment!
I haven't tried physically turning Kindle "pages" but I have also tried to turn DTB pages by thumbing the side where my Kindle button was. I actually paused and laughed at myself for doing it when my book didn't change pages.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have not tried to change the page automatically. But I have tried to fast forward live TV, sometimes I forget I didn't record it.  :eek:

·
Registered
740 Posts
VMars said:
I have not tried to change the page automatically. But I have tried to fast forward live TV, sometimes I forget I didn't record it. :eek:
I've done that, can't say I've tried to turn the page on my kindle as I haven't received mine yet.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Kindle Convert said:
I'm embarrassed to say I have. If it makes you feel any better I've also tried to FF through commercials when I'm watching live TV! The pitfalls of watching too much DVR'd TV, I guess! :-\
That's why I always startup the DVR and come back 30 minutes later. Gotta avoid those pesky commercials anyway you can.

With my K2, I now got something else to do for those 30 minutes.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I feel sorta  out of it - I never have tried any of this  :eek:  Does it count that I have tried to get "home" when it was turned off?  :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts