Kindle Forum banner

18981 - 19000 of 19197 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
BLOG POST!

The author's free PDF eBook download of See Through Myself: A Memoir posted to the website: colbyvanwagoner.com/downloads/see-through-myself/

Author's book synopsis:

I had managed to survive the miracle of birth. Regrettably, the doctor discovered an abnormality. My birth on March 7th, 1973 the 28th recorded birth of a child to survive a diagnosis of Eagle-Barrett Syndrome (Prune Belly Syndrome). The rare birth defect involves three ‘triads’ of urological complications. My continued survival meant multiple surgeries, painful examinations, involving tubes inserted into the urinary tract while all other surgical procedures healed. The doctor’s frightening revelations, “these children rarely survive the age of two.” Each birthday celebration with an unknown future, “Your chances of survival, reaching the age of sixteen, is rare,” my doctor’s prognosis. My earliest childhood memories were facing consistent thoughts of the possibility of death.

A life with Eagle-Barrett Syndrome resulted in insecurities, social phobias over perceived body image issues, and no instruction manual to process emotional frustrations. I would have no ideas how to interact, socially adapt, or in later years allow myself to love another without loving myself. The result of my experiences were lost relationships leading into the results of an upsetting divorce. Attempts to navigate life were a constant struggle, facing physical abuse and addiction. My development occurred through effort, opportunities, and achievements in focus through overcoming continuing relapses.

I survived a near-death Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) during the emotional loss of a loving mother’s brave determination facing the long-term effects of dementia. Trials and struggles, persistence, and courage led me to inspirational transitions into adulthood. Coming from rock bottom, addiction, suicidal ideation, and hopelessness, to healing and mindfulness turned into the abilities to achieve a bachelor’s, master’s degree, and continue to earning a PhD. in psychology. My imperfections, struggles and achievements as human.

Free PDF eBook download of See Through Myself: A Memoir, blog posted to the website: colbyvanwagoner.com/downloads/see-through-myself/

Share the post, share the website and the book with all! The download is available till January 1st, 2020, Happy Holidays!

Thanks and have a safe and happy holidays,

Outlaw Books Publishing

·
Registered
478 Posts
I finally convinced myself to start posting on my website. I'm hoping to have it be useful to editors and authors alike.

My first article: How Much Can You Expect an Editor to Catch?

https://emberediting.com/2019/12/how-much-can-you-expect-an-editor-to-catch/

An excerpt from the final stretch:

Your editors are your greatest ally in the publishing journey. It can feel disheartening to see so many changes, but remember that an editor is there to make your product the best it can be; whether it be a book, an article, a speech, or a thesis. An editor gains nothing by breaking down an author. It's our job to maximize the chances of success, as ultimately your victory is also a victory for us.

A good cover draws in a reader. A good design makes your book fun to read. But a good editor makes sure your writing is up to a professional standard that meets modern convention and greases the wheels, so to speak, for your readers. Editing ensures that those reading your work can focus on your story instead of wringing their wrists about the errors and inconsistencies.

An editor helps you become a storyteller.

·
Registered
31 Posts
gone said:
I'd have to have a blog first. Still trying to decide what to blog about.
Have you tried to decide while looking at computer screen and having your fingers on the keyboard? The inspiration will strike :) You just have to let it.

That said, I'm like a few others on this thread . . . haven't posted in my blog in a while! Been busy on a new novel. But hey, no excuse. Maybe I need to have my hands on the keys staring at the blank screen of my wordpress more often xD

Last post was this: https://www.ivanbrave.com/2019/11/17/this-cant-be-love/ about my wedding in Oct ;} sappy? prob. cute? hopefully. . .

Peace!

·
Registered
4,152 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
I just did. And it's a hella of a rant. Apologies to any sensibilities. This is not about bad books or writers. It's about an aggressive and costly service to writers, who get unknowingly get caught up in the super-hype.

Rant to Mr. Marketing Guru

http://guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com/

18981 - 19000 of 19197 Posts