Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have sold some books in England, but never sold any in Germany.

I guess that makes sense since I write in English and the England reads  English.  But I don't write in German although my English books are sold there.

Have you sold any English books in Germany?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Yes. Five last month, five so far this month.

What's weird is I write a series and there is NO rhyme or reason to the books people buy. Both months, I've had one sale on my first and second book and three on my third. Even stranger, all three sales on my third book came before the sales on my first and second book by a good week or two.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I hope to, but it hasn't happened yet.  I think we need to better advertise Amazon Germany not as the German Amazon per se but rather as the Euro-zone Amazon, a currency that stretches from Ireland to Greece.  Lots of the English-language readers in the Euro zone.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
I was so sure there were none and would be none that I haven't even been checking. This thread made me go take a look, and lo and behold, my $.99 short story has sold one copy! Like Rose, I think it's a bit strange because while the story works as a standalone, it's basically a continuation of one of my romance novels featuring the same hero and heroine. The free sample of either of the romances would be longer if someone just wanted to see if they like my writing.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Can I ask what people are doing to get these sales in the Germany? I am still on the bbos.  ???

1 - 20 of 29 Posts