Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a shock after I've signed up for YourNewBooks.com from an email I received from Choosy Bookworm, as they're offering as much as 40% discount!

It was after my Paypal payment to them that I realized they I've never heard about them, and they don't even have a Facebook page or Twitter account. :eek:

Anyone has received the email or used them before?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Alvina said:
Help! It seems that this is a SCAM !! :eek:
Not familiar with them, they appear new but I don't think it's a scam. They have a twitter account https://twitter.com/YourNewBooksTw but only 365 follower currently, but their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Yournewbooks-1315880361777298 has 76k followers

Brain Rush is currently being tweeted and fb posted by them and it's doing ok in the rankings
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Travel
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military

but like I said--don't know anything about them personally, so grain of salt!

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Guy Riessen said:
Not familiar with them, they appear new but I don't think it's a scam. They have a twitter account https://twitter.com/YourNewBooksTw but only 365 follower currently, but their facebook https://www.facebook.com/Yournewbooks-1315880361777298 has 76k followers

Brain Rush is currently being tweeted and fb posted by them and it's doing ok in the rankings
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #17 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Travel
#2 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > War & Military

but like I said--don't know anything about them personally, so grain of salt!
Their FB page may have 76k followers, but their posts have basically no engagement. To me that says they've bought 76k followers to look legitimate, when they are in fact not.

Even if its not a scam, if a promo service can't get more than 3 likes on a Facebook post, then they're not worth any money.

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Alvina said:
This is horrible! I've paid $13 for nothing. :eek:
Not if you paid through Paypal and your promotion has yet to go live. Paypal is easy to get a refund from; just go into your account and open a dispute. If it is too late, at least you haven't paid out a lot.

You really should be more careful though, as there has been a lot of problems with unknown promotion services signing you up and using click farms to up the page reads. Then Amazon get suspicious and the next thing you find is your account suspended. I'm not saying that's what this is, but it is something to think about.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doglover said:
Not if you paid through Paypal and your promotion has yet to go live. Paypal is easy to get a refund from; just go into your account and open a dispute. If it is too late, at least you haven't paid out a lot.

You really should be more careful though, as there has been a lot of problems with unknown promotion services signing you up and using click farms to up the page reads. Then Amazon get suspicious and the next thing you find is your account suspended. I'm not saying that's what this is, but it is something to think about.
I'm worrying that Paypal might not entertain any intangible purchase.

Since I was misleading by Choosy Bookworm into paying to them for the book promotion, can I ask Choosy Bookworm to refund my money?

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Alvina said:
I'm worrying that Paypal might not entertain any intangible purchase.

Since I was misleading by Choosy Bookworm into paying to them for the book promotion, can I ask Choosy Bookworm to refund my money?
No. Choosy Bookworm might just have been advertising for them; that doesn't constitute a recommendation, does it? I suggest you try paypal first and if you get no joy from them, put it down to experience. You might even be surprised and get a few sales.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
PhoenixS said:
I believe Your New Books is *owned and operated* by the Choosy Bookworm folks. I've given YNB a couple of shots, but didn't see a lot of play. They're not a scam, just not very effective. No reason to not approach Choosy Bookworm first to see if you can resolve this before getting PayPal involved.
Thanks PhoenixS :)

There are simply not many are effective, even BKnight can merely gives you a few sales if you're lucky!

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Alvina said:
Thanks PhoenixS :)

There are simply not many are effective, even BKnight can merely gives you a few sales if you're lucky!
I think there are just too many promotion sites about nowadays and too many people like me, who don't cook!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've raised a dispute through Paypal, to inform them that I wanted to cancelled the order and to return my money since this morning.

But until now they still haven't responded to the dispute...

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Alvina said:
I've raised a dispute through Paypal, to inform them that I wanted to cancelled the order and to return my money since this morning.

But until now they still haven't responded to the dispute...
You filed a Paypal dispute without first contacting the vendor?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts