Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the Amazon board:

K. in TN said:
You may not find it as convenient as you think - charging time has increased to four hours and the computer (or device) you plug it into must both provide charging power (some notebooks do not) and stay on the entire time (no standby or hibernate or turned off). It's a lot like people that want to charge their WII controllers with the USB on the unit - have to leave the game machine on when not in use to do it that way.

http://www.amazon.com/Something-that-has-been-asked/forum/FxBVKST06PWP9B/Tx3I0JBISQHCV5B/1/ref=cm_cd_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B000FI73MA

Yikes! Can't say I'd be happy with that. The K1's relatively speedy charge time - 2 hours at most - is one of its biggest (and most overlooked) strengths IMO.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yah but you can use AC power, just plug it in to the wall when you go to bed and presto, fully charged battery in the morning.

·
Registered
54 Posts
90% of notebooks manufactured in the last two years are able to provide power over USB.  Not an exact number, but it's probably pretty close.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Also, I am guessing that is charging from a dead battery... if ya do as most of us already do and chrage when only partially dead, much quicker.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Either way it's a small amount of time consiering the battery life.  4 days w whispernet on and 2 weeks with it off.  I think 4 hrs isn't too much time to charge a battery w/ that kind of life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts