Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And tech help isn't helping.

Does anyone have a solution?

I've cleared my cache, used another browser. This is ONLY on my mobile, not laptops.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
EmberKent said:
We need a little more information than that.

What actually happens when you try to log in? Does the forum load? Does it give you an error? Does the log-in page simply time out?
I get this:

An Error Has Occurred!

Your session timed out while posting.
Please go back and try again.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
What device are you using? 

EDIT:  From looking at your other thread about the issue, it appears that you are using an Android device? 

You've said you've cleared the cache--but have you cleared the cookies?  It looks like it's an option under the "clear cache" on Android?

You might also need to try the "Clear all" which clears all history, cache, cookies, form data and passwords.

Sorry if you've already gone through these steps--it appears you've been communicating via email with tech support and I'm not privy to that.

Betsy

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Betsy the Quilter said:
What device are you using?

EDIT: From looking at your other thread about the issue, it appears that you are using an Android device?

You've said you've cleared the cache--but have you cleared the cookies? It looks like it's an option under the "clear cache" on Android?

You might also need to try the "Clear all" which clears all history, cache, cookies, form data and passwords.

Sorry if you've already gone through these steps--it appears you've been communicating via email with tech support and I'm not privy to that.

Betsy
I cleared everything: cache, Chrome app cache. I still get the same error.

BTW there isn't a clear cookies option that I know of, but I cleared everything on Chrome. I still get the error message. I'm basically done with it - I'll only access Kboards via laptop.

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
If you’re tired of messing with it, that’s fine, but have you tried a different browser than Chrome?

·
Super Moderator
67,248 Posts
FWIW, I just did some experimenting on my phone. Once I remembered what my password was ::) I found that I was NOT able to successfully log in via the 'mobile' site. It kept saying I was timing out. It did load the site, so I could browse, but member specific stuff wasn't available -- like an obvious font/color difference on topics I'd not yet read, and access to personal messages. AND, it had tons of annoying ads.

I went to the bottom and clicked the link for 'full site' and I was able to log in there. But that, of course, is tiny to the point of un-readability without a lot of zooming and panning. So I went to the bottom of that page and zoomed to the little "Mobile" text near the bottom of the page, right before the pale yellow block with info on buying ads. Touching that put it back in the mobile view and left me logged in. And most (though not all) of the ads are now gone.

With luck, the phone browser will now keep me logged in, in the extremely unlikely event I ever want to actually browse kboards on the phone. Oh, and I'm using a Galaxy S9 with the Firefox browser.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Hooded Claw said:
If you're tired of messing with it, that's fine, but have you tried a different browser than Chrome?
Yes. I downloaded Brave, the ad-free browser, and get the same thing.

I think it may be a security issue with my version of Android.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think I've figured it out. When the login page opens on your Android device, you need to get to "full site" (the option is hiding among other options or on the bottom of the page). On the full site screen you can just enter your username and password in the top left area. The full site is harder to read though.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anguabell said:
I think I've figured it out. When the login page opens on your Android device, you need to get to "full site" (the option is hiding among other options or on the bottom of the page). On the full site screen you can just enter your username and password in the top left area. The full site is harder to read though.
YOU DID IT.

You figured it out.

I owe you my first $5 royalties.

Which haven't happened yet.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anguabell said:
LOL I think this was actually what Ann in Arlington was suggesting. We will split those $5 :)
Indeed she did. As I was reading on my mobile I missed it.

You each get the $5.

Which still haven't come yet.

:'(

·
Registered
5,535 Posts
We have quite a few experts about mobile phone. I read each of these because I am trying to get interested in mobile phone. I am quite good at using the computer but never liked using mobile. The reason may be lack of knowledge...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts