Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had time to read at lunch at lunch. I then got called away.  Now I am home and realized my kindle is still at my desk at work  :mad:  Oh so sad. I will be happy to see it in the morning.
Sylvia

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know. I am so a one book at a time.... My daughter (10) has been trying to get me to read "Bone" by  Jeff Smith. I will try that.....
Sylvia

I only make mistakes once. I alway find new ones though

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I have my work checklist: laptop computer in bag, check; iPhone in pocket, check; Kindle in purse, check.

Then I can leave.

I left my Kindle at the office once and turned around and drove back downtown to retrieve it. I haven't made that mistake since!

Someone posted on Amazon (way back when) that she left her Kindle at her desk on a Thursday night and had to wait until Monday morning to get it back. She had no way of getting in the building for three days. She almost went crazy!

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
sylvia said:
I had time to read at lunch at lunch. I then got called away. Now I am home and realized my kindle is still at my desk at work :mad: Oh so sad. I will be happy to see it in the morning.
Sylvia
Aaargh...hopefully you will soon be reunited!!!

Betsy

·
Registered
378 Posts
Leslie said:
I left my Kindle at the office once and turned around and drove back downtown to retrieve it. I haven't made that mistake since!
I did the same thing... I left Ramona at work on my desk, got half way home (30 minute drive) before I noticed my mistake, and turned around and went back for her. It was a Tuesday I think, so I didn't even have the threat of the weekend hanging over my head, and I still went back for her. There are some things I just can't do without-Ramona is one of them.

rla1996

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My DH offered to go the 10 miles back. I told him no the rain is coming down on ice and is just to yucky out. thank you for the sympathy. I will see it this morning
Sylvia

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Oh Sylvia, I'm so sorry to hear that. You must just be beside yourself. It's kind of like the first time you leave your newborn baby. I hope the time goes quickly for you.

sylvia said:
I only make mistakes once. I alway find new ones though
ha ha, that one is funny. I always say that I don't make many mistakes, I just make really big ones.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Yikes!!  Does your place employ many?  I hope it is there in the morning...sneak on this site first thing to let us know.  I would die.  Best of LUCK.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
sylvia said:
I had time to read at lunch at lunch. I then got called away. Now I am home and realized my kindle is still at my desk at work :mad: Oh so sad. I will be happy to see it in the morning.
Sylvia
Oh man, I hope it is still there. Small electronics left on desks where I work get stolen. :(

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:D  all is together again. I  am one of two paid part time ---librarians. I have the help of 12-15 volunteers.  my desk is in back. population less then 400. 46 kids in school k-12. I was not concerned with safety. no one here has much to say about my Kindle. I have also gotton the responce of -and you are the librarian?.  many see it as a betrayal of sorts.  I see it as an easy way to get books without shipping. the hazard for my kindle is bicycle in  summer and the elements all year (rain, snow and all between). there is no other bookstore or school library without getting in a plane.

I am happily back to reading "Dragonfly in Amber" by Gabaldon recommended here on the kindleboards  ;D

Sylvia

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's good you got your Kindle back, I haven't made the miskate of leaving mine at work yet  :D

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I take my Kindle to work, also.  Tonight as I walked off the elevator to leave the building, I realized my Kindle was still on my desk.  I would hate my baby to spend a cold lonely night on a desk in a dark room, so pressed the "up" button to Kindle in my purse to go home.  Can't imagine having to spend an evening without Kindle. 

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
sylvia said:
I am one of two paid part time ---librarians. I have the help of 12-15 volunteers. my desk is in back. population less then 400. 46 kids in school k-12. I was not concerned with safety. no one here has much to say about my Kindle. I have also gotton the responce of -and you are the librarian?. many see it as a betrayal of sorts. I see it as an easy way to get books without shipping. the hazard for my kindle is bicycle in summer and the elements all year (rain, snow and all between). there is no other bookstore or school library without getting in a plane.
Sylvia, that sounds like the town where I grew up. People either love or hate Kindles. The message I hear from you is that you are willing to look a things in a new light and try something new. Kindle does save you money and is a very compact way to store books. The ability to change font size is not only wonderful, but necessary for me. There will always be those people who look at it as a betrayal instead of a tool. They felt the same way about automobiles.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts