Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
673 Posts
Leslie said:
I debated putting this here or the book corner...we'll try here and see if I get any answers.

"He bats for the other team" is a light-hearted expression for homosexual. The question is, where did it come from? This came up on one of my authors' lists. Someone wants to include the expression in a book that takes place in the 1880s. Would it be anachronistic? I did a quick google search and couldn't find anything. I am wondering if any of the avid readers here happen to know the origin of this phrase.

Thanks in advance for your help!

L
Hmm I looked at all my sources and can't find the info either.

On a side note, my brother came down to visit with his female friend my mom wants to think is his girlfriend. Oh well she thinks it too, its a shame, she's a nice girl but like my mom is in denial.

Anyway I am proud to say he has been sticking his head out of the closet lately and testing the waters with my folks. I've told him since he was a teen his closet is pretty see ;D
through because I've seen it since he was a kid but he's always denied it so I let him be. Its his journey, not mine.

It was funny to watch my brother hint and hint about his sexuality and no one but me and my husband get it. Maybe by next christmas he can be himself and my parents get out of the river denial.

· Registered
673 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
My best friend's clueless cousin didn't get this when we were talking (on speakerphone) about my dorm roommate who

"is straight as a circle"

or my dorm neighbor who

"cheers for both sides"

Another means of hinting.
I've always loved the saying:
"I can't even think straight!"

My best friend in college had it as a bumper sticker.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.