Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today's Woot! (http://www.woot.com) is an LED head-lamp for $9.99 + shipping. Useful for many things, but for this crowd, I'm going with "reading light", heh.

It has 3 LEDs that can be turned on 1, 2, or 3 at a time, AND a set of red LEDs for nighttime reading, too. Battery powered. Not sure how good it is, but I got one, so I'll find out soon.

Even if I don't use it for reading, it'll be great the next time I'm building a PC or crawling on the floor under my desk managing plugs for the current one! :)

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I use a headlamp as my reading light. It is also handy when one goes camping and in the case of power outages. Love the things.

I would not choose that particular typoe of headlamp because it has the battery pack in the back. That can be uncomfortable. If you go to REI (or any other outdoor shop) and search for head lamps you will find a large selection of reasonably priced headlamps that do not have a battery pack like that one.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I have one that I think I found at Target that weighs only a couple of onces, uses two coin style batteries and is quite comfortable to wear. Cyclops brand name.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts