Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question could go into Kindle Accessories, but my focus I think makes it more appropriate here.

I listen to LOTS of audiobooks. That's 99% of what is on my MP3 player.
My ears are way toooo small to tolerate the older 'earbuds'. Until recently I thought that the only style of headphone I could tolerate was the 'over-the-ear' without ANY 'earbud' style - because those just won't stay in my ear (my ears are too small).

Ok - so first issue is somfort. Does anyone have any SMALL 'in ear' type headphones to recommend?

Second issue: I continuously get tangled up in the cords: what do you use to 'control' your cords?

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
You might want to look into something like the Sennheiser MX-75, as it includes a number of adapters for different ear canal sizes. (I am not associated in any way with Sennheiser or AudioAdvisor.com, other than being a satisfied customer of each.)

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Another approach might be to look at something akin to the Motorola S9 Bluetooth headset (or any other bluetooth stereo headset) paired with a plug-in bluetooth dongle -- eliminates some of the wire hassle -- you would have to determine the comfort of the Moto's since that's basically personal preference and YMMV.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Get a case for them, that does cut down on cord issues. Years ago I had a sony set of ear buds that came with a winding case.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have the bose in ear headphones that are like earbuds but aren't earbuds...sorry if this doesn't make sense but they don't get shoved in the ear like regular earbuds. The sound is amazing, they are very comfortable and they come with 3 different ear sizes. The down side is they are $99 so pretty expensive for an in ear style.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have a set of earbuds I got at Brookstone.  They fit my ears just fine and the cord is retractable, so no tangling.

Sharyn

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have the Bose as well and I really like them. But I wish they weren't so expensive.

As for the cord tie I use these

They work well, but I'm always on the lookout for other solutions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts