Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all you lovely people. Came over from KDP forums, to much nastiness. Hope to get to know some of you.  :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Welcome. Don't let your guard down here either, but it is a great place to learn and meet interesting people.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Hi, there :) Never visited the kdp forums, but I normally come here to read nice things and useful tips. I'm sure you'll have a great time on the 'boards :)

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Hi and welcome! Hope to hear from you often.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Welcome to Kindle Boards, where most of the cool kids hang out. (The rest hang out in the other forums I frequent, for some reason...)  :p

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Ok Dark, here is the lowdown.  I don't know how they do it on KDP forums but you are pretty much assured friends if you bring chocolate.  There are a plethora (like that?) of threads full of excellent advice, insight and snappy conversations.  We have cocktails at 5 (sometimes as early as 3) and are fairly harmless.  Just DO NOT call Bards n Sages "nice". Then, all bets are off!

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Here are a few tips:

You will be referred to as a prawn, for reasons not entirely clear but it has to do with Smashwords.
You will need goats and unicorn chops.
Hugh Howey's name is not to be taken in vain. Or misspelled.
Dalya likes to sit on her hands but we suspect her of writing erotica anyway, so that's okay. Her name is usually misspelled.
Conspiracy theories involving Amazon's plots against us Indies is encouraged as long as you supply the tinfoil hats.
Reports are not stuck, the server is not down, and sales are not held up. Again, tinfoil is your friend.
Brazil does not actually exist.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Quiss said:
Here are a few tips:

You will be referred to as a prawn, for reasons not entirely clear but it has to do with Smashwords.
You will need goats and unicorn chops.
Hugh Howey's name is not to be taken in vain. Or misspelled.
Dalya likes to sit on her hands but we suspect her of writing erotica anyway, so that's okay. Her name is usually misspelled.
Conspiracy theories involving Amazon's plots against us Indies is encouraged as long as you supply the tinfoil hats.
Reports are not stuck, the server is not down, and sales are not held up. Again, tinfoil is your friend.
Brazil does not actually exist.
You forgot about the secret handshake.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts