Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Thought I would introduce myself. I'm a christian. I'm a teacher. I'm from WV (and yes it is a state and not the western part of Va) :) and sadly I am waiting on my kindle. I have wanted one since I found out what one was this summer when I was board and searching the internet. My husband finally broke down and bought me a kindle for Christmas, but now I am waiting for the back orders. I guess he got tired of me telling him how great it is.

So besides haughting kboards.com and amazon.com I enjoy what I do for a living (teaching) and scrapbooking. I think it goes without saying that enjoy reading. I'm a fantasy reader. I am currently reading the dragonkeeper series by Donita K. Paul. It's a series with a biblical parallel. I'm really liking it.

My wonderful husband is a dental student in his last year and about to enter orthodontic school. I'm so proud of him so I had to throw that in there. Density is weird. They get their doctorate and become a dentist and then can try and get into a master's program for specialty like ortho. They are so backwards. I have no kids, so its just me and him. Well hope to get to know you all soon.

LSbookend

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard LSbookend,

+1 What Linda wrote. I learned so much from that section.

Glad you found us,

-sailor

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Welcome, LS! 

Congratulations on your pending Kindle! 

You can start scarfing up the free books now, and you'll want to do that as the free books don't stay free. Check the Book Corner for recommendations.

I wouldn't be suprised if you didn't get your Kindle sooner than you expect right now...keep us posted, I see you've already posted on the official I'm waiting for my Kindle thread!

Glad to hear your Kindle will be well accessorized!  You might want to check out the Accessories board we have here, all the same!

Betsy

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome Aboard, LS -

Good to know your Kindle is on order :D

Dentistry is an intense field, and very demanding.  I can say that being a former dental assistant  ;)

Yes, do explore the Christian Fiction & Christian Devotional threads and any others that catch your eye.

Hope to see you around here,

Marci

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Welcome, LS! If you're interested in fantasy, definitely check out the Book Corner and the book clubs coming up - not sure if it would be your cup of tea, but In Her Name is a futuristic fantasy that we'll be diving into in February, plus Diana Gabaldon's Outlander is cranking up next week (!), and all kinds of other good stuff is in the works... ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome LSBookend, nice to have you here.  And kudos to your husband for his schooling, that's gotta be tough for the both of you.  I'm looking forward to checking out the dragonheart series, hope they are kindle friendly.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Welcome to the Kindleboards LS! It's great to see another scrapbooker here. I create digital scrapbooking products for an online site called Scrap Girls, and it is really my favorite thing to do. :)

G

·
Welcome.  It was good to see you in chat briefly the other day.

Your husband is getting into a great field.  Everyone has teeth. at least for a while.  Think of all the money you will save later on!  :)

I am 52 and I still have a baby tooth.  I tell everyone it keeps me young  and foolish.  It's right next to my left upper canine(?) so I have 5 teeth there instead of 4.  It really messes up new dental techs when they count during check ups and cleanings.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome to the Kindlehood LSbookend.
I am also a scrapbooker, I am currently trying to learn a new program and to try my hand at digital scrapbooking.

Hope you wait for your Kindle flies by and soon you will be reading on your very own Kindle.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts