Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
 I received  my new Kindle  for X mas. It locked up many times in the few days I have  had it. Good news, it will be replaced tomorrow. I also had problem with downloading books from my Kindle. My husband purchased it through EBay. It was new when I received it. I was Thankful that it could be replaced because he payed over 400 dollars to get it for me as a gift. I had never heard of the Kindle , My husband is into all the new gizmo's! ;D.  I was able to get 3 books from downloading it from the amazon site.
 I am hoping the new one is better. I have enjoyed reading from it but I look forward to
one that works as it was designed. I had  full bars  and worked with  the Kindle support to no avail.  

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards, CeeCee!

Hope you get your new Kindle soon!  You have a great hubby!

Be sure to check out the Book Corner for free and bargain books and Accessories for great gifts for your Kindle!  AND we've started Book Klubs this week!

Betsy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Lotus and Besty. The new Kindle is expected tomorrow.  8) In the mean time I have 2 books to read on the malfunctioning Kindle.

·
Registered
869 Posts
CeeCee -

Welcome Aboard!  Glad to have you here  :)

It's too bad the eBay Kindle turned out to be a dud  :-[

Very happy to hear that Amazon is replacing it.  It will live up to your expectations!

Take a look around these boards - there is plenty to read & learn,

Marci

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Welcome CeeCee! Sorry to hear you had problems with your first Kindle. Great to hear the Amazon CS once again is quick to rectify! Congrats!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hi and welcome CeeCee! Sorry to read that your Kindle turned out to be defective. Is it being replaced by the eBay seller or Amazon like some have posted?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome CeeCee - glad you are sticking in there and getting a replacement.  From what I have read that even though there are some bad kindles (naughty naughty) those are very very few and I am sorry you got a bad one!  Once you get a good one (good kindle good kindle, pat pat pat) you will be happy!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone. I received the new Kindle today from Amazon.  It worked wonderful. The kindle my DH bought on EBay appeared new and sealed out of the box. The new one I received today works fine so far.  Too bad he paid more money to get a DUD. :(. Thanks to Amazon for getting me a new one in  less than two days as promised.  I am amazed at the difference. I am pleased. I was about to lose interest until I decided to call Amazon about the problems I was having with the freezing and not being able to download books, from the kindle, etc . I also received the Flexlight and pretty Red leather
case from Amazon  today!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chynared21 said:
Hi and welcome CeeCee! Sorry to read that your Kindle turned out to be defective. Is it being replaced by the eBay seller or Amazon like some have posted?
Amazon replaced it! I plan to buy DH one . I will definitely wait until they become available at Amazon. I personally have never bought off EBay. DH have, I will wait to buy one from Amazon later in the year. The kindle is going for more money on EBay. DH will not tell me exactly how much he paid for it. He said a little over $400! :eek: I am lucky that Amazon honored the warranty the same as if I bought it from them.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
CeeCee said:
Amazon replaced it! I plan to buy DH one . I will definitely wait until they become available at Amazon. I personally have never bought off EBay. DH have, I will wait to buy one from Amazon later in the year. The kindle is going for more money on EBay. DH will not tell me ow much e paid for it. He said a little over $400! :eek: I am lucky that Amazon honored the warranty the same as if I bought it from them.
That is awesome that they honored the warranty despite being bought 3rd party. Snaps to Amazon :)))

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anju said:
Welcome CeeCee - glad you are sticking in there and getting a replacement. From what I have read that even though there are some bad kindles (naughty naughty) those are very very few and I am sorry you got a bad one! Once you get a good one (good kindle good kindle, pat pat pat) you will be happy!!!!!
You are so right!!! I never heard of Kindle before DH gave it to me on Christmas eve! Its only been a few hours but I am really liking it. DH also bought me a 8 GB SDHC Class 6 Flash Memory Card so I can add more books! She is looking pretty in her new case. I am looking at some of the different skins I can add to her! I feel much better now I have one that works. I thought it was just another 400 dollars hubby spent on something that he shouldn't have. He really did well this year! I am a lucky lady! ;D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
chynared21 said:
That is awesome that they honored the warranty despite being bought 3rd party. Snaps to Amazon :)))
Is this normal for them to replace it when it's brought from a 3rd party? My Dud had to be registered by them because I couldn't get it to work. They also said they would refund me shipping the Dud back to them. The new one is like day and night in comparison! I have been a member of Amazon for many years. We have spent a lot of money with them. They probably know in the long run they will definitely get there money from us. ;D The only reason DH went to EBay is because he wanted it in time for Xmas. He said they have been sold out for sometime now. I could have waited because I never heard of the Kindle. I buy my books from Amazon, Borders and Costos! :)DH is a "tecky" so he knows about all the new technology and he builds and upgrade our PC's.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
CeeCee said:
Is this normal for them to replace it when it's brought from a 3rd party? My Dud had to be registered by them because I couldn't get it to work. They also said they would refund me shipping the Dud back to them. The new one is like day and night in comparison! I have been a member of Amazon for many years. We have spent a lot of money with them. They probably know in the long run they will definitely get there money from us. ;D The only reason DH went to EBay is because he wanted it in time for Xmas. He said they have been sold out for sometime now. I could have waited because I never heard of the Kindle. I buy my books from Amazon, Borders and Costos! :)DH is a "tecky" so he knows about all the new technology and he builds and upgrade our PC's.
I honestly don't know but maybe it can all be traced back to the serial numbers... You have yourself a great DH :))

·
Registered
869 Posts
CeeCee -

This is such a terrific story!  Amazon's CS lives up & beyond expectations again.  I thought they would not honor the warranty since you were not the original buyer.

Yippee!  Your new baby Kindle is working just fine & looking good in a red cover.  If you would like to, we would love to see any pictures of your Kindle and case?  Maybe when the skins are on?  Which one(s) are you thinking of.

Glad you joined us,

Marci

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Marci said:
CeeCee -

This is such a terrific story! Amazon's CS lives up & beyond expectations again. I thought they would not honor the warranty since you were not the original buyer.

Yippee! Your new baby Kindle is working just fine & looking good in a red cover. If you would like to, we would love to see any pictures of your Kindle and case? Maybe when the skins are on? Which one(s) are you thinking of.

Glad you joined us,

Marci
Thanks Marci, Happy New year to you and all the board members! I read that all Kindles come with a one year warranty, regardless if you are not the original purchaser. The warranty is 1 year from purchase. My old Kindle appeared to be new out of the box. I was worried wen I found out he purchased it from EBay. I am so glad that the new one is working as designed so far! I ordered 4 new books last night from the Kindle with no Problem!!! I look forward to learning more about the kindle and dressing her up a bit more with a cool skin. I will post a pic when I do! ;)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome CeeCee,

So glad to have you here and so glad you are loving your Kindle!

L

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you Leslie! I thank DH again today for the Kindle. The new Kindle continues to be a
wonderful.I am truly enjoying  it ;D!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.