Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just introducing myself. Robin.

About me? I am not a girly girl. I was raised with four brothers and a macho father. When I was born my mother told him that I was a girl but he didn't believe her. I have just finished my Army service, I joined because my brothers did, but also to get a free college education. I have spent most of the past eighteen months traveling in countries where I can get a work visa. I liked New Zealand best, I might have to go back there. I have been watching Writer's Cafe from the sidelines for nearly a year now, while writing a book. I am getting close to publishing so I thought that revealing myself might be a good idea.

To give an idea of my personality, my favorite posters are Julie, Darkscribe and swolf. They seem to have real experience, a sense of humor, know what they are talking about and not pull punches. I think that Julie's responses are always worth reading. And no, I do not know her.

I use a Macbook and an iPad, Pages on both plus Word and Scrivener on the MacBook.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome, and good luck with the book. I use Pages, too. I love how I can access my documents off everything, but I'm thinking of writing more on Scrivner.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hi Robin!

I uses Pages on my iPad and Scrivener on my Macbook. Never actually thought about installing it on the latter so thanks! I might do that.

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Hi Robin, welcome out of lurkerdom.  :)

G

·
Robin:

The check is in the mail. ::) ;D

Welcome to KB. And may the Force be with you.

Because as Lisa pointed out previously, we need more Sith smilies.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Hello back and all that stuff.  Chocolate's in the bottom right hand drawer next to the wine.

·
Registered
6,706 Posts
Welcome!

Robin_Maigret said:
To give an idea of my personality, my favorite posters are Julie, Darkscribe and swolf.
Obviously a woman with impeccable taste. :p

(Stay away from vrabinec. He smells like turnips.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you everybody for the warm welcome. I will probably become a little annoying with questions as I approach my publication date. I will try to search for related threads first though. Although I have been reading for many months there are still gaps in my knowledge and understanding of many publishing related issues. I met some of the people here at the NaNoWriMo meetings, but none live close to me. The only person who is close to where I work is traditionally published and not an indie author and so can't really help much with ePublishing. Thank you again.

Robin

1 - 20 of 23 Posts