Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new to this site! I've had my Kindle for several months now! I LOVE it! I am torn between my PSION Series 5MX, iPhone and Kindle! There was a point where I didn't read anything on my Kindle for weeks because I was hooked on a new RSS app for the iPhone! I have used my PSION while deployed to Iraq and have seveal DRM'ed books on it from Mobipocket. When I saw the Kindle, I knew I had to have it! I am trying to find a happy medium here. Any advice out there?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, TooGeeky4U -

Glad to have your here! 

I'm a bit confused about what you are asking in your post  ??? 

Of the three items you mentioned, for reading books, I recommend the Kindle due to its bigger screen space.  Being oversees you would need to purchase & download your books from a computer.

The iPod & the Psion are great for portability.  I'd probably take the Psion for reading over the iPod because it has less backlighting (something I can't take for very long periods of time).  Mobipocket can be read by the Kindle after a transfer process.

What this what you were after?

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Geeky,

Welcome! Glad to have you here. This is a fun and friendly bunch.

Like Marci, I'm not quite sure what your question is. I have an iPhone and and Kindle. The Kindle wins, hands down, for reading. The iPhone is good for other things.

Mobipocket DRM'ed books will not work on the Kindle. Weird, I know, since Amazon owns Mobi, but that's the current situation. Kindle books, from Amazon, will only work on a Kindle. But you can get books from lots of other sources, too. Check out the book corner, there are tons of recommendations there.

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Toogeekyu,

welcome to the Kindleboards.  We love our Kindles here, so my answer is use the Kindle for reading and use the other devices for what they do best!

Congratulations on your first post, and be sure to check out the Book Corner, lots of free book and bargain book recommendations!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Welcome, toogeeky4u! And my wife and I are fellow iPhone + Kindle owners (and fellow geeks). ;D

As the others said, the Kindle is vastly superior for reading, but as you well know you can lose hours playing around with the iPhone! Your main challenge is just to find a balance between the two, and eat every once in a while! LOL!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Hi toogeeky4U, glad you are here! Make yourself at home. We all share a passion for reading and Kindling.  :) Look forward to more of your posts.

Linda

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard toogeeky4u,

You are right, you are too geeky for me - I don't understand your question, so don't look for an answer in my post.

I just point and click.

Glad you found us,

-sailor *click*

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Okay first things first:
1. Thank you for your service to the country
2. Welcome to the Kindle Boards
3. Happy Holidays

VA, the military brat

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Yep I agree with Sailor - too geeky 4 me! But glad to have you here.  The only problem I have with the kindle is I spend waaaayy to much time here and not reading.  The kindle is the best for reading.

Welcome

1 - 11 of 11 Posts