Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I'm Ron and obviously a Kindle owner. I've had my Kindle now for about 6 months and I love it. I had reservations about buying one at first since I don't particularly like reading ebooks on my computer but the Kindle is so different that I now prefer it to real books. I'm 63 years old and the eyes are not what they used to be so being able to change the font size has been a blessing. I have a wonderful wife and a great daughter. And I can't forget to mention my killer dog (toy poodle) Archie.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome Ron,

The Kindle is amazing in so many ways. Likewise, it targets pretty much every age group. Because you can change the font size, people who are hard of seeing can read it at a size that works well for them, while people who love itty bitty tiny text can read at a font that works for them.

Although the outside of the Kindle is quite boring, what it has to offer inside is an exciting technological product for all ages, and anyone who enjoys reading. In any case, welcome to the boards...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hi Ron!! 

Welcome to the board.  I'm a newbie myself.  I've only had my Kindle for almost a month.  LOVE it!  You're right about it being a completely different feel than reading an e-book on the computer.  It didn't take long for it to feel natural to me.  I find it much more comfortable for my wrists and thumbs than holding a paperback.

Sounds like you are getting some good use from it.  This forum is a great wealth of information.  The bargain book threads are wonderful. 

Hoa

·
Registered
22 Posts
Good to see you, Ron.

Chris Bauer

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi ya Ron and welcome aboard.

I've got a killer poodle too ;)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Ron -

Glad you are here :)

I am totally with you when you say "I don't particularly like reading ebooks on my computer but the Kindle is so different that I now prefer it to real books."

What state are you & your family in? Would love to see some pictures of Archie in the Pet Pictures thread :D

Cheers,

Marci

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Hey, Ron, welcome to Kindleboards!

The guys here are always thrilled to receive another guy into the Kindleboards fold!

Glad to hear you're loving your Kindle.  Be sure to check out our Free books, bargain books and favorite books in the Book Corner!  And we have Book Klubs!

Betsy

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well believe it or not I have my Kindle all to myself. My daughter is not in to reading yet (except for her fashion mags) and my wife has shown no interest in my Kindle.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
rclarke said:
Well believe it or not I have my Kindle all to myself. My daughter is not in to reading yet (except for her fashion mags) and my wife has shown no interest in my Kindle.
Boy are you lucky - although my husband has no interest in reading anything other than sports stats. :D

Be sure and post some pictures of your killer dog on the pet thread. I have not done mine yet, but will do so soon -

Nice to have you here and happy reading!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I will likely not post any pictures of Archie because we don't expect to have him much longer. He has a heart murmer, enlarged heart and kidney disease. The statistics say he should have been dead over a year ago but we keep trying new meds and give him the TLC he deserves. The Vet is amazed that we still have him.

Archie is a fighter and he has shown us that even when the odds are against you you still can make it. I have prostate cancer which was diagnosed 10 years ago and I too am living beyond the statistics. Maybe Archie gets his fighting spirit from me; I know he inspires me.

My moto is:
Never give up. Never ever give up.

Ron

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I live in a "retirement" area and  a lot, I mean a lot of the guys have beat the PC - you can too, sounds like you have the right attitude.  You are right, Archie probably got it from you.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts