Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been a lurker on kboards for a little while now. Like many of you probably do as well, I hop between similar online communities. However, I've yet to find a community as active as kboards dedicated to kindle/ebooks. Not sure if that's saying a lot for your home, or that as a whole ebook writers are a bit of ragtag group, but I'll stick with the former - I'd like to start off on the right foot!

The reason why I'm biting the bullet and finally signing up for an account, is because I have found myself in a unique position where I can possibly help some newer authors; I have a list of very dedicated readers that isn't big enough to help established writers, but could be helpful to newer books. I will be posting in the cafe section, see if there is any interest there.

A little about me, I'm just a guy. I say I like reading and writing, but I don't, I like to escape to different worlds. I usually find many authors quite dry for my tastes, unable to really delve into their world, and often I'm certainly the one missing out. For instance, I just couldn't bring myself to read Tolkien (I hate admitting this, but it's true), yet fell in love with the writing of Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman. Don't ask me to quote anything of theirs, the books were simply a teenage love affair.

I look forward to chatting with you some of you in the future, and please don't be offended if I don't post often - like I said, I'm more of a lurker, really.

- Jordan

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi Jordan, welcome along and great you set up an account. Really surprised to see you mention Weis and Hickman! Loved their Dragonlance Chronicles when I was younger. Led me into RA Salvatore and his Icewind Dale and Drizzit collections! Was thinking about digging those out again for a re-read.

I've not been here for very long just trying to pick up some tips and offer what little help when I can.

Best of luck
P

1 - 2 of 2 Posts