Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I decided that I should quit lurking and introduce myself. I've had my Kindle for 2 weeks now and I am in love! I was lucky enough to order it the day after the Oprah promotion started so I received it in 3 days....much earlier than I had anticipated! I was hoping to finish a book or two before it arrived, as I knew I wouldn't want to read a TDB after it arrived! Although I do have to admit I was a little worried if I would like it as much as an actual book....I actually like holding a real book in my hands, etc. But they did an excellent job with the design of the Kindle....I think it feels like a real book, only much easier to turn pages! It's great for reading in bed while hubby is sleeping....no pages to fight with. I also love being able to plug in my earphones and listen to music at the same time, all the while keeping it quiet for sleeping hubby!

I've enjoyed this board a lot the last few weeks....it's become addicting!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
KindleGirl said:
Ok, I decided that I should quit lurking and introduce myself. I've had my Kindle for 2 weeks now and I am in love! I was lucky enough to order it the day after the Oprah promotion started so I received it in 3 days....much earlier than I had anticipated! I was hoping to finish a book or two before it arrived, as I knew I wouldn't want to read a TDB after it arrived! Although I do have to admit I was a little worried if I would like it as much as an actual book....I actually like holding a real book in my hands, etc. But they did an excellent job with the design of the Kindle....I think it feels like a real book, only much easier to turn pages! It's great for reading in bed while hubby is sleeping....no pages to fight with. I also love being able to plug in my earphones and listen to music at the same time, all the while keeping it quiet for sleeping hubby!

I've enjoyed this board a lot the last few weeks....it's become addicting!
A few weeks? How did you stand not jumping into the fray????

Congratulations on your Kindle! And thanks for sharing how much you enjoy it. Obviously you've already gotten familiar with the wealth of info available on these Boards, have some fun, enter some of the birthday celebration events, and welcome!

Betsy

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hi KindleGirl - welcome!!  I can't pry myself away from here because I enjoy everyone so much!  You will love it here.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hey KindleGirl...welcome aboard! I find myself doing more reading these days but it's not on my soon to be named Kindle...it's here!!! This is an addictive place to hang out ;)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Kindle Girl. Welcome to your new Kindle family. You gotta watch out for that Betsy... she will have you over in Accessories drooling over all the cool stuff to dress up your kindle!!  ;D

j/k Betsy... you know I love you!!  :D

·
Registered
165 Posts
Welcome Kindlegirl!  So nice you came to join us.  I received my Kindle on 10/31, and I don't know how I ever got along without her!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts