Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! At the urging of a couple friends, three years ago, I began putting a collection of anecdotes and basketball stories which I witnessed or were relayed to me by my "zebra" colleagues. I have officiated high school basketball games for the past seventeen years, in and around Chicago. After long consideration, I decided to weave these stories into a novel - unencumbered by the truth - with a thriller/mystery bent. The result is my debut book, Advantage Disadvantage. It tells the story of corruption, greed and betrayal of the adults surrounding a prep basketball phenom told in a whodunit style.

At this point in my writing career, I am more interested in readers than royalties -- so, as they say in the Windy City, Advantage Disadvantage will set you back 99 cents (Kindle version), no more, no less! Here's a link to an article from the Chicago Tribune about me and my book:

http://www.triblocal.com/Darien/view.html?type=stories&action=detail&sub_id=43212[/color]

To check out Advantage Disadvantage on Amazon use this link:

http://www.amazon.com/Advantage-Disadvantage-Yale-R-Jaffe/dp/1439204187/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1238301027&sr=8-1[/color]

Also available on Mobipocket.com for non-Kindle users.

Thanks for your consideration. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

Yale

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome Yale.  Glad to have another author here. 
I one-klicked your book to be delivered to my mom's K2. 
She loves mystery/thrillers.
deb

·
Registered
4,967 Posts

Welcome and here is a link to the Kindle version of the book. It really looks interesting and I'll be buying it.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yale - I'm very excited about your posting.  I am ordering your book right now for my husband's Kindle.  He's a college men's b-ball coach here in Chicago and I think he will love it (and will certainly be able to relate to much of the hs/aau experiences from a recruiting perspective).  Best of luck to you! 

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome from not too far away, St. Louis  :)

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for instantly saying hello, and for being interested enough to order my book.  I appreciate all feedback -so let me know.  Again, thanks so much!

Yale

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Nice to have you here. Welcome

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Yale,
I figured I'd follow your lead on the kindle boards.
Still can't get my publisher to drop the price but I'll try the boards at my current price.
Michael Balkind
Author of Sudden Death and the Deadly Sports Mysteries series

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Michael, as you know I thoroughly enjoyed Sudden Death.  Can't wait for your follow-on books.

Yale

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Yale - glad to have you join us!  I am a sports junkie, altho baseball is my very most favorite!  Got your book and am looking forward to reading it.  My dad used to referee basketball, and umpire baseball and I would go watch him.  He was mostly in the high school arenas.

Keep us up on what you are writing!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dona, like your Dad I also umped some baseball...but basketball is my faave.  As far as writing, I have a wonderful idea for the follow-on to Advantage Disadvantage which explores some issues left unresolved.  I'm excited about it, but I'm always looking for reader feedback.  So, I hope you enjoy the book - maybe you'll be surprised toward the end, and then please send your feedback!

Yale

1 - 20 of 25 Posts