Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm Brooke from Lenexa, Kansas.  I've had my Kindle for a few months now, have been a voyeur on KindleBoards for as much time, and just recently registered and posted my first comment/entry.  (Why does this sound suspiciously like the first step to an eight-step Kindle addiction anonymous support group?)

I love to spend time with family, read, travel, read, scrapbook, read, play games, read, drink coffee, read, eat, read, drink wine, read, cook, read, etc. etc.  Not necessarily in that order.  ;)  (Oh, maybe this is why.)

I typically read about 3 books at a time (right now it's The Historian, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, and my book club's February selection My Antonia).  I will read just about anything, but I have gotten to the point in my reading career where I realize life is too short to waste it on bad books when there are a multitude of good ones out there, so whereas in my younger days (okay, I am only 35, but a wise 35-year-old) I would plow through the worst of the worst, today I will chuck (delete) it and begin another.  Hence the beauty of the Kindle and Amazon's sample feature. 

I don't know how I ever lived without my Kindle and I don't know why I would ever want to read another paper version again.  If I am forced to read a paper version of a book, I feel like a turtle in the fast lane.  It's just so inefficient, cumbersome, awkward, and inconvenient.  Of course I can't tell my paper book reading friends this, or well, yes I can, but they just don't get it.  I love that I've finally found a community that gets it and loves their Kindles as much as I love mine, which by the way does not have a name yet, so any suggestions would be helpful.  She's gorgeous, decked out in a lovely Pink Tranquility skin by DecalGirl and in the original Amazon cover, which I love by the way.  But that's for another blog (see Brooke's Kindle in Pink Tranquility post in the KindleBoards photo gallery blog for a photo of her).

It's so nice to be here, meeting new friends with the same obsession, hobby, and interest!

B~

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Brooke, You won't find much help in fighting your Kindle addiction here, we are all enablers. ;) Glad you found us, and I hope you will continue to enjoy the time you spend with us.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Brooke and a warm welcome to you!

We're so addicted that we have meetings 24/7 on this board ;)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Brooke - so nice to have you here, I noticed that you did put "read" in your hobbies, glad you did that to explain why you want to become a member of kindleholics anonymous  ::)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts