Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I am brand new to the KindleBoards Forum but already I have seen some interesting threads. I am a first time Kindle author and am finding the whole process overwhelming  ???. Any advice and handy hints from other authors would be fantastic.
I hope to hear from you soon, and I look forward to interacting with you all on other discussions.

Nervous Newbie!!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Catherine!! We are so glad you found KindleBoards! We have many areas that you probably will like. Have you been to The Book Corner yet? That's the area for discussions about books (naturally :D ). That's also where you will find threads about books Recommended by our Members and a list of additional sites for Book Lovers.
Then there is the Book Bazaar where our member/authors post about their books and the Writers' Cafe that has discussions about writing, publishing and many other topics. Here is a link to all the KindleBoards authors:Unofficial master list of Kindleboards Authors. That is also where you will locate Bargain Books and even Free Books threads where you can get reading material at low or no cost! Here is a link to get you started: Master list of free & under $1 titles available from Amazon.
If you have a question about your Kindle or it's usage, check out the FAQ or the forum about Tips, Tricks and Trouble Shooting . Or, just ask your question. We have many helpful and knowledgeable people here at KB and we feel there is no such thing as a "dumb" question. Questions about KindleBoards may be answered at Your guide to Forum Speak! linked from Forum tips. If not, once again, ask away! To keep everything running smoothly, we ask that everyone read Forum decorum. There are a few points there particularly for authors. Need help setting up your signature line or avatar? This will be just what you need: Creating Signatures - An Updated tutorial.
Another popular place is Let's Talk Kindle, where all things in the Kindle world are posted about. Be sure and check out the Photo Gallery, where pictures of members, pets, flowers, landscapes or just almost anything interesting can be found.
Have you been to the Accessories area? There you will see information about covers, skins, lights, bags, stands and many other items to allow you to personalize your Kindle.
Looking to just kill some time while you are waiting for your Kindle or if you have your kindle, want to try something different? Try INFINITY Game - Word Association or The "INFINITY" Thread: KEEP POSTING...Ready, Set,... GO!!! in the Not Quite Kindle area.
Sorry for the long post, but there is just so much to do, learn and like about KindleBoards that I just get carried away. :)

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
CatherineIsom said:
Hi everyone
I am brand new to the KindleBoards Forum but already I have seen some interesting threads. I am a first time Kindle author and am finding the whole process overwhelming ???. Any advice and handy hints from other authors would be fantastic.
I hope to hear from you soon, and I look forward to interacting with you all on other discussions.

Nervous Newbie!!
Welcome, Catherine!

Now that you've posted for the first time, you can create your Forum Profile signature which will appear in all your posts. Guidelines can be found at the top of the Writers' Cafe.

Look forward to reading more from you!

Betsy

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the advice, there certainly is a lot to take in. I never expected such quick replies.
I like the fact that not all discussions are 'book' orientated, it makes the whole forum seem friendlier some how.
I am looking forward to finding my way around, hopefully I will soon become a forum expert.

·
Registered
5,937 Posts
Hi, Catherine, and welcome to KB.  Glad to have you with us.  Wishing you every success with your writing.

Dan --

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Hello Catherine,

The whole process gets better with time; keep going.  :)

Good luck with everything, and welcome to Kindle Boards!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi to you Catherine!  I am brand new too, and finding things a bit overwhelming, just like you!  Let's hope we muddle through together.  So far, this seems like a very welcoming place!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Hi Catherine. Welcome to the boards. Things will become clearer with each step you take.  :)

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Hi Catherine,

I was incredibly nervous when I joined the boards too. You'll be fine.

Join us over in the writer's cafe and pick up some great ideas.

Welcome.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Everyone is is friendly and they don't bite.  Welcome.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you all for your lovely replies. It certainly helps me feel better.
There is so much to read on these message boards so finding my way round will take some time.
One thing i have picked up on though is everyone saying "Don't be afraid to ask" you may all regret that comment once i have finished with all my questions.
Thank you all so much.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Catherine--

The "don't be afraid to ask" is extremely sincere.  You may find the real problem is which answer to take!  It's a rare post here that doesn't get a response.  :D

Betsy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts