Kindle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,  I discovered this board from the amazon kindle discussions board.  As some of you have already read in another post, I did order 2 kindles on 18 Nov 08.  Status is still "Not yet shipped."  My wife is an avid reader and one is hers for Christmas (Hopefully it'll get here by Christmas!).  The other is mine because I just love technology and hopefully it'll make me read more.  I've already ordered a book (A Game of Thrones/A Clash of Kings by GRRM) and now I'm just waiting for the kindles to arrive.  I've never read anything by him; but GRRM has gotten great reviews.

My wife does not know what is coming yet.  Hopefully I can keep it a secret until the kindles arrive.

We currently live in Prattville, Alabama and have been here since 2004.  We are orginally from the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan.  I am in the US Air Force and have been for 21 years.  It's just about time to retire  ;D.

I don't post much in boards but I do read posts because they are a great source of information.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I'm looking forward to my kindle and the wife's reaction when she gets hers!!!!!!

Austin

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Jeff said:
Hello Austin,

Glad to see another male here; we're outnumbered about 3:1.

Not as much fun as it sounds. :)

Jeff
Hey! We represent that remark!

::)

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
bartoloa said:
Hi All, I discovered this board from the amazon kindle discussions board. As some of you have already read in another post, I did order 2 kindles on 18 Nov 08. Status is still "Not yet shipped." My wife is an avid reader and one is hers for Christmas (Hopefully it'll get here by Christmas!). The other is mine because I just love technology and hopefully it'll make me read more. I've already ordered a book (A Game of Thrones/A Clash of Kings by GRRM) and now I'm just waiting for the kindles to arrive. I've never read anything by him; but GRRM has gotten great reviews.

My wife does not know what is coming yet. Hopefully I can keep it a secret until the kindles arrive.

We currently live in Prattville, Alabama and have been here since 2004. We are orginally from the suburbs of Detroit, Michigan. I am in the US Air Force and have been for 21 years. It's just about time to retire ;D.

I don't post much in boards but I do read posts because they are a great source of information.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I'm looking forward to my kindle and the wife's reaction when she gets hers!!!!!!

Austin
Hi Austin, nice to have you with us. What a small world, I too am from Alabama. I was in Pratville Friday at The Bass Pro Shop, what a zoo! My hubby got the jeans he wanted & my granddaughter's got the shirts they wanted. I am in Alabaster, 20 miles south of Birmingham but was born and raised in Marengo Co. I am the official welcoming committee here so browse, make yourself at home & we look forward to reading more posts from you. We have bookclubs starting in Jan. Be sure and go to "Where In the World Are You" and put a flag in AL. I think maybe there are 4 of us now. :) Congrats on the Kindles, you and the wife will love them, ya'll will be Kindleholics in no time. ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Bartoloa - Austin,

What a thoughtful gift for a Christmas present for the both of you, the Kindle is very handy.    Keep reading the boards here and you will know how to use it by the time it arrives; there's lots of help and tips here.

Most importantly, Thank You for your dedicated service for Our Country.  You are a Hero.

It is very nice to meet you,

--sailor

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi Austin!

And soon you will be probably sparring with your other half to get on the Kindle Boards ;) 
It really is a great source of information.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hi, Austin -

Welcome aboard!  What a great gift you are getting your wife. 

I've read the Clash of Kings and loved it!  The Kindle's screen is so easy to read you will be into that book in no time

Keep us posted about your Kindle's travel adventures  ;)

Marci

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.