Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been reading on here for a while, and finally decided that I should actually join the kindleboards community!  I'm a K2 owner, and I'm loving it!  I was one of those who was wait-listed for a K1 and received a K2 when they were released.  The thing I was most excited about when Amazon released the K2 was that whispernet coverage expanded, and those of us in Anchorage, Alaska, would get to use this feature as well!  I had already decided I could live without it, so it was that much more exciting to know that I didn't have to!  Anyway, even with the long summer days here in Anchorage, I'm managing to find time to read my Kindle - I'm looking forward to those winter months when I hibernate and have the Kindle to keep me company :)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
You should find a lot of book recommendations here for the K2 to help those long days and winter nights to go by fast. Welcome!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Lindsay - nice to have you here.  We have quite a few folks here from Alaska, how fun is that  ::)  Of course, I don't know all that much about the geography of Alaska, 'cept it is BIG! LOL

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Lindsay, welcome.  So very glad you got the upgrade.  And happy you decided to join us on the Boards.  Looking forward to reading more of your posts.
deb

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
kindlelindsay said:
So I've been reading on here for a while, and finally decided that I should actually join the kindleboards community! I'm a K2 owner, and I'm loving it! I was one of those who was wait-listed for a K1 and received a K2 when they were released. The thing I was most excited about when Amazon released the K2 was that whispernet coverage expanded, and those of us in Anchorage, Alaska, would get to use this feature as well! I had already decided I could live without it, so it was that much more exciting to know that I didn't have to! Anyway, even with the long summer days here in Anchorage, I'm managing to find time to read my Kindle - I'm looking forward to those winter months when I hibernate and have the Kindle to keep me company :)
Welcome! I was in Anchorage in late Sept. 2007 for a mystery writers' conference and I loved that city. Had a great time walking around the streets and seeing the sites. ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Lindsay! Glad you found us. Have you been to our area, The Book Corner? Many threads with info about goods reads there, including Recommended by our Members and additional sites for Book Lovers. Another area is the Book Bazaar where our member authors post about their books. It is also where you will find threads about Bargain Books and Free Books!
The FAQ or Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting are the boards to go to when you have a question or just ask, someone will most likely be able to help you and we think no question is dumb.
Let's Talk Kindle is the place to go to discuss all things in the Kindle World.
Next would be Photo Gallery, where members post pictures about their pets, landscapes, birds or just about anything they think someone else might be interested in.
Accessories is where to look if you ar thinking of personalizing yur Kindle. Skins, covers, lights, bags, sleeves and many other things are discussed and pictured here.
Hope you continue to love your Kindle and enjoy KindleBoards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts