Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My name is Andrew Cort, and I'm the author of several books on religion, mythology, spirituality, and American culture.

So far, only one is available on Kindle -- "The Song of Songs: A Lover's Poetic Dialogue". It's a small work, easy and fun. The 'Song of Songs', from the Bible, is a very erotic story. I've written this version as a dialogue (quite close to the original), meant to be read out loud, together, by lovers. It's available for 99 cents here. I hope you'll have a look.

I hope eventually to make my major work available on kindle: "Return to Meaning: The American Psyche in Search of its Soul". It's quite long, rather intense, and has a number of charts and diagrams which I haven't yet been able to upload to kindle (I'm not too computer savvy, but I'm learning). In the meantime, it is available in the old fashioned way. I hope you'll have a look at this too. (I know, I know, in this age of sound bites, what kind of dummy writes a long book?).

Credential-wise, I'm an old 1960's guy, still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up. I have a Master's in Teaching, and teach mostly Math (tho' sometimes English, Physics, and whatever else). I'm a Doctor of Chiropractic, and practiced in Manhattan during the '80's. And I'm an attorney, a la Boston College Law School, and a member of the Massachusetts Bar (sorry fellow lawyers, I hated practicing law).

So now, I live in the Berkshire Mountains, raise my darling daughter (she's 15 years old and perfect!) as a single Dad, and in addition to my writing I teach Math in an inner city school in Springfield. I hope to exchange the latter for a chance to make a living writing and speaking. (You can help!)

I also have a short history out, "From Joshua to Jesus", and a book on holistic healing, "Our Healing Birthright: Taking Responsibility for Ourselves and Our Planet". (Perhaps someone here can help me learn how to bring all of these to Kindle).

In connection with my work, I give talks (The Sacred Feminine in the Bible, The Reconciliation of Science and Religion, etc) and a seminar on "The Mysteries: Spiritual Initiation in Mythology and Scripture". There's more info on all of this, as well as two complete chapters of 'Return to Meaning' (ch 8: The Myth of Creation, and ch 9: Economics, Culture, and Eros) on my new website (I'm very proud of this, having built the whole thing myself without the help of a single teenager. http://www.andrewcort.com)

Hoping to make some new friends. I'm available here, or at [email protected]

Andrew Cort

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome to the Boards.  Thank you for sharing your info on your books.
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Andrew - nice to have you here, and look forward to reading some of your posts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi to all of you. (even Donald Duck). Thanks for the welcome.

According to numbers on Amazon, someone (or someones) has/have bought "Song". Thank you!!

(You'll notice that it's very new, and only has one Review so far. Hope you can find a few moments to write another)

·
Registered
447 Posts
andc39 said:
Hi,

My name is Andrew Cort, and I'm the author of several books on religion, mythology, spirituality, and American culture.
I just purchased your book for my Kindle. I live in Springfield, MA and saw your Amazon comment about the 11 year old boy that committed suicide last week. I found it sad that this happened. I thought the boy looked attractive and happy in those pictures. He would be turning 12 April 17th. I'm keeping the family in my prayers. Hopefully lessons will be learned from this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts