Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Like Rick Reed, I've found this board via Leslie and am delighted to be here. I'm a writer of crime (gay and/or psychological crime) and fantasy novels, and I've just had a lovely conversation with Lizzy about my e-novel, Thorn in the Flesh (hello, Lizzy!).

:)

Axxx

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Anne,

So happy you made your way here. Welcome!

Now they'll just have to start selling Kindles in the UK!

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome Anne - looking forward to reading some of your work!  I have found such wonderful reading on this board, it seems only the best authors are here.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Leslie & Anju - what a lovely welcome!

Hugs

Axxx

·
Registered
133 Posts
Welcome Anne.  It is so great to have another author join us.  I can't wait to get my Kindle so I can check out all these books being recommended.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
AnneBrooke said:
Hello! Like Rick Reed, I've found this board via Leslie and am delighted to be here. I'm a writer of crime (gay and/or psychological crime) and fantasy novels, and I've just had a lovely conversation with Lizzy about my e-novel, Thorn in the Flesh (hello, Lizzy!).

Axxx
Welcome Anne, such a pleasure to have you here! I started Thorn in the Flesh yesterday and am halfway. What a great read, I recommend it highly and plan to write a review on Amazon once I finish.

If you would be interested in leading a bookklub on Thorn in the Flesh, let us know. You can read more about this in The Book Corner.

Glad you are here!
Linda

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gosh, thanks so much again, Dazlyn & Linda! Glad you're enjoying Thorn so far, Linda. And yes, I'd be delighted to help out with a bookclub session on Thorn - will pop to the Book Corner and let you know ... um ... officially!

Many thanks!

Axxx

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
AnneBrooke said:
Gosh, thanks so much again, Dazlyn & Linda! Glad you're enjoying Thorn so far, Linda. And yes, I'd be delighted to help out with a bookclub session on Thorn - will pop to the Book Corner and let you know ... um ... officially!

Many thanks!

Axxx
Great Anne, I will send Betsy a PM and let her know you want to participate. I believe it will be late spring or early summer since we have other authors scheduled. You can read the e guidelines in The Book Corner. I look forward to it Anne!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you! I really appreciate that!

Hugs galore

Axxx

·
Registered
869 Posts
"And yes, I'd be delighted to help out with a bookclub session on Thorn - will pop to the Book Corner and let you know ... um ... officially!"

Ooh, this is great!! I can't wait. Now I have time to purchase the book and read it along with the other books for the book clubs. I've been very interested in getting it. Now I have a reason to ;)

It's very nice of you to provide feedback to your readers.

Out of curiosity, why do you have "X's" in your name ???

Looking forward to having you here,

Marci

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a great forum this - I love it! Thanks again for the wonderful words of welcome. And, Marci, sorry about the little xxx's - they're meant to be kisses. Sorry if they're confusing you! I don't suppose people do this now, do they? You can tell I was a 60s baby ...

Anne B

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Actually, I was just thinking: we have an Ann and an Anne so it is probably good if you are Axxx.  :D

L

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ooh, kisses & hugs - very Christmassy! You're so talented, Leslie.

Really I shouldn't be playing - it's just too much fun here and I am now desperate for a Kindle (why don't the UK do them? Sigh ...) - really I should be doing another 200 words to get to 70,000 words on my current novel and then awarding myself a mince pie and a break, huzzah!

Onward ...

;)

A
xxx

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
There was a press release at the Frankfurt Book Fair that Amazon is working on an international Kindle. They had hoped to debut it at the fair, but working out the contracts with the wireless companies took longer than expected. Here in the US, they had to negotiate with Sprint. In the UK and Europe, I gather there are dozens of companies which was a complicating factor. But from the press release, it said that they hope to have the international version in "early" 2009 (I have no idea what "early" is).

Personally, I think we'll see an international Kindle before Kindle version 2.

L

1 - 20 of 38 Posts