Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am a proud Marine Wife of 19 1/2 years with two kids...temporarily living in North Carolina, but always and forever will be a California Girl. I was never an avid reader, but since I've downloaded the Kindle app for the iPhone, I could no longer resist and for two weeks now, have been enjoying my new Kindle 2. From someone who has never really read for fun, I am now reading 4 books on my Kindle or iPhone all at the same time :D

I must say, this is one of the more entertaining forums I've joined to date. It's been quite addicting, especially the accessories section. Needless to say, the original Amazon cover I bought along with the Kindle will now be joined by two more purchases. I've since ordered a skin and a Borsa Bella bag for my newest baby. Where does it end? LOL.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome! I am currently living in St. Louis, but I, too, am a California girl.  8) Never was a "multiple reader" either, but I'm now in the middle of two books at the same time. I guess when you have an entire library at your fingertips it's hard to take things one at a time!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Welcome!  And I'd like to echo the thanks for your and your husband's service.  I am also glad you have joined the KBs, we have several military and ex-military and spouses here stationed all over.  Good places to get books as intinst has posted.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Glad you've joined us at Kindleboards.  Thank you to you and your family for service to our country.
deb

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all for your kind words. I must admit, I even got my dad to buy himself a Kindle too after he found out he can get the Bible downloaded in there. He's not a very tech savvy guy, but he's already figured out how to buy 3 more books. Oye!! What have I done? LOL. It's only a matter of time before my mother gets her own Kindle.  ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Your dad can also get the One Year Bible for the kindle.  It is a daily reading of OT, NT, psalms and proverbs.  We have a group in the Book Klub for comments and thoughts and whatever.  Get 'em to join us!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.