Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya'll ( ok the twang comes form being born in Tennessee  :))  Go Lady Vols!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been lurking in the shadows for a couple of weeks....was going to wait until next week after the big announcement to order my kindle, but after reading lots of post here, I decided to go ahead and save my place in line.  Also I wanted to order a skin and don't know what might be available for the K2.

Anyways I placed my order five minutes ago WoooooooooooHoooooooooooooooo estimated shipping date March 4 - March 11, 2009.

My BFF is a Kindle owner. She got hers before the big rush was on mid December. I have been to visit the Kindle just about every week. Looking forward to the day we can set up Kindle Play Dates

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and welcome! Congrats on the Kindle order. In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy Kindle Boards as a time filler.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks.............I am reading lots in preparation for my Kindle. I think I am going to name her "Ladybug" still getting a feel for a name. Gotta look at the skins and see what comes to me.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Lady and congrats on ordering your Kindle! I am a "ya'll" gal too, Alabama. I saw on the news last night where Pat Summit was going for her 1000 win, hope she got it!

This is a great place to hang out as you wait for your delivery. Be sure and check out Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting. Feel free to ask any questions you may have and someone will answer them.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Linda,

Nope she didnt get the win  :(  i am kinda hoping it doesnt happen until Sunday when I will be at the game.

I have been reading the tips tricks and troubleshooting. Heck when my BFF told me she had ordered her, I was reading the discussions on the Amazon board. I am anxiously awaitng the arrival. And yes like everyone else who has placed their order I check the site daily just in case  ;D ;D

·
Registered
114 Posts
congrats on your order! 

And in most cases I think we (that have them already) didn't just check daily.. but multiple times daily!  LOL

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gables Girl said:
Welcome, glad to see another Floridian on the boards. You will love your Kindle, your only dilemma will be how to charge it if you lose power during a hurricane. :)
I have a generator at home but I am going to invest in the car charger...to me yes keeping my Kindle charges has just as much priority as keeping the fridge going :D :D :D but since I work for local government and am on the emergency team and I am usually stuck in EOC for hours on end..............now I will have something to occupy my time YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
ladyknight33 said:
I have a generator at home but I am going to invest in the car charger...to me yes keeping my Kindle charges has just as much priority as keeping the fridge going :D :D :D but since I work for local government and am on the emergency team and I am usually stuck in EOC for hours on end..............now I will have something to occupy my time YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good planning, I just hope you don't spend much time in the EOC this year. :) Check out the iGo, that is what I have for those times without power and for travel.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Lady, welcome! Glad to have you here.

I just ordered "Guinea Pig" today and also have a ship date of March 4 -12.

In the interest of full disclosure, GP is not my first Kindle.

This is a fun and friendly bunch!

L

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi ladyknight33 and welcome! I have been dealing with power outages in NE Texas yesterday and we are under a tornado watch until late tonight! I can hear the thunder getting closer. We had IKE back in September and hope to have a generator in place before the next hurricane season! I did buy me a battery powered iGO charger for my Kindle. I haven't had to use it yet though!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts