Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I'm Christy. I am the proud mommy to 2 beautiful Dalmatians. I live in Central Florida. I live an hour east of the Mouse house. I can walk out my front door and watch rockets head into space. I work in the medical field. On the side I watch a set of 6 y/o twin boys. Thier mom also is a Kindle addict. Everytime we get together we have Kindle talk.

I became a Kindle owner on Christmas. I am in LOVE with the device. I have picked up on the speed as to which I can finish books. I had to send my first kindle back so did not start the adventure with my kindle until after the new year. I have had my Kindle for 7 weeks and I am on my 7th book. I am currently reading the Southern Vampire / Sookie Stackhouse series. I am in the 7th book. I just ordered one of the Travel case and love it. I have also just decked my Kindle out with the Radiosity kindle skin.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
856 Posts
Hi Chritsy

I too am in east central florida (walk out my back dorr and see the shuttles and rockets go up) Titusville  :D
I am anixously awaiting my Kind;e's arrival on 2/25.

Welcome and happy reading.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
krissynae said:
Hello I'm Christy. I am the proud mommy to 2 beautiful Dalmatians. I live in Central Florida. I live an hour east of the Mouse house. I can walk out my front door and watch rockets head into space. I work in the medical field. On the side I watch a set of 6 y/o twin boys. Thier mom also is a Kindle addict. Everytime we get together we have Kindle talk.

I became a Kindle owner on Christmas. I am in LOVE with the device. I have picked up on the speed as to which I can finish books. I had to send my first kindle back so did not start the adventure with my kindle until after the new year. I have had my Kindle for 7 weeks and I am on my 7th book. I am currently reading the Southern Vampire / Sookie Stackhouse series. I am in the 7th book. I just ordered one of the Travel case and love it. I have also just decked my Kindle out with the Radiosity kindle skin.
Welcome to Kindle Boards. Nice to see another Floridian here. We may pass the Texans some day in numbers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
Hi, I'm Rosemary, I'm in Lakeland (between Tampa and Orlando)  We watch the shuttles from here too.
I've had my Kindle since November....  Loving it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,967 Posts
Gables Girl said:
Welcome to Kindle Boards. Nice to see another Floridian here. We may pass the Texans some day in numbers.
I think we need a count of Floridians, we are growing quickly. ;D I live in Lighthouse Point, just north of Fort Lauderdale. Welcome to KindleBoards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am in Melbourne.

I do know of one other owner locally and her friend had a Kindle 1 on order but since the release of Kindle 2. She is so excited.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
780 Posts
Hi Christy from another central Floridian. I live about 40 minutes west of the mouse house in Lake Wales. I also work in a medical field. Welcome to the KIndleboards

Lynn L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Christy! Glad to have you join us. There are many areas here at KindleBoards you may be interested in. We have a thread in Not Quite Kindle that you may post pictures of your Dalmatians for us to enjoy. There are several Book Klubs to participate in. If you want to glam up your Kindle, check out the Accessories area.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Hi Christy - Nice to have you here.  I do believe that Florida is passing the Texans in membership!  I have a niece that lives in Clearwater, does that count?  but she is not a kindler, oh well  :-[  Lots of relatives in Florida, but only been in the Miami airport - once

We also have lots of folks in the medical industry too so you will fit right in.  8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,286 Posts
Anju said:
Hi Christy - Nice to have you here. I do believe that Florida is passing the Texans in membership! I have a niece that lives in Clearwater, does that count? but she is not a kindler, oh well :-[ Lots of relatives in Florida, but only been in the Miami airport - once

We also have lots of folks in the medical industry too so you will fit right in. 8)
Frankly once is usually enough for the Miami airport. :) It isn't one of the best airports, I use it because it is close, but the lines are long and the flow is terrible. If they had Clear it would be better. Tampa and Orlando are much better.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top