Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, here's my first post!  I have been lurking here awhile now and figured it was about time to make an introduction since this board has been so helpful and addicting - Accessories!

I have successfully completed getting my own screensavers onto my Kindle and am so excited!  My DH bought the K2 for me jut a few weeks ago and I am so in love.  I have shown it off at work and even downloaded a few books for the kiddos to read, when they can get the thing out of my hands!

Thanks again for all of the help that you have given so far!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, smitty89! Since you have already found Accessories, Check out the Book Corner. Lots of posts there about Cheap and free reads to help you save the money for the  items you need to brighten up you Kindle. ;) Also other member recommendations for a good read. Tips, Tricks and Troubleshooting for problems you might have, or just ask a question. Many very experienced Kindlers here to give the answer.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome from the neighboring state of MO. :) Glad you're enjoying your screensavers! It took me a while to work up the courage to try the screensaver hack on my K2, but I finally took the plunge a few days ago and I'm so happy I did.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello and Welcome!  I'm from West Central IL myself, however, recently moved to KS. 

I think I need to stay out of the Accessory forum for awhile, lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello!! Welcome to the Boards. I'm a newbie too!! But I've been lurking and reading the forums for about 2 months now.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome, and please be sure to check out The Book Corner threads.  Many many great suggestions for all ages and genres.
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice to have you here smitty - ready for spring to come in Illinois and sit outside while your DH is working on the flower garden reading? 

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone!  I am in the Champaign area and yes, very ready for spring to get here.  We put a new deck on the house last year, so I am looking forward to sitting out there with my Kindle. 

I will be sure to check out the book corner and get some great reads!    :)

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Smitty and welcome. One of my favorite places to read is on our back patio lying on the hammock. Right now though I have to be content looking out the windows at the pool and hammock as the tree pollen is still a little too thick for my allergy medicines to control! :(

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Smitty!

Welcome from another Central Illinois Kindler!

Lisa

1 - 15 of 15 Posts