Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,  I am currently from Chicago and hopefully soon will be moving to AZ.

I received my Kindle 2 about a week after it was released.  I had given up reading for the most part due to getting harder and harder to read with age.  Also got tired of having to wait some times for books to be released in a larger font so that I could see it to read for longer periods of time.  Then I started hearing about the Kindle 1  and started researching it  and then had a feeling that the Kindle 2 would be coming out soon  so waited till it released.  Bought the amazon cover with it and decided that I was not real happy with it  so started looking for other covers and was lead to this site and after reading the reviews here and other places  ended up getting an Oberon Sky Dragon in black. ( so you already had an influence on me and Oberon :) )

A Little about myself,  I enjoy reading sci fi  and fantasy and with the Kindle I am reading the Shannara series again by Terry Brooks,  I also enjoy Geocaching and Photography (landscapes and nature shooting) and then I am also a gamer. I play online RPG games. When I am not doing any of this fun stuff and am forced to do that thing that they call work  I am a network admin. So as you can see I am really into my tech gadgets :)

I am really enjoying the Kindle as I can load up my books for reading  and have my photo books with me when I am out shooting landscapes and such and not having to carry 1/2 dozen different books.

Larry

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Larry! Have you been to our The Book Corner? Lots of ideas for reading material there including Free Books and Bargain Books. I see you have already found Accessories and really approve of your choice of covers, I also have the Sky Dragon, mine is red.
Glad you found us and hope you stick around.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Enjoy your new kindle and welcome to Arizona.  I moved here 3 years ago from the cold NE and love it here....even the hot summers! 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Larry, glad to have you here.  Hopefully you will post some of your pictures here for us to enjoy as well.  I love Arizona, and am sure you will too.  I don't live there but have been there a lotta times.

Let us know what you are reading.  Distant Cousin is a great trilogy of gentle sci-fi, and In Her Name is another great sci-fi, both written by kindleboard authors.  In the Book Klub you will find all kinds of neat books for bargain prices, or even free.

Welcome again.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Hi Larry. This is a great board. and welcome from neighboring NM (once you get moved).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the warm welcome,  Sorry it took me a while to get back here  but had to fix 2 of my computers at home over the weekend,  One had a Motherboard go bad  got it replaced and then when I got up the next morning  the main computer had the harddrive decide to go south on me,  then a couple days of busy here at work  but it is all quite again now.

I will try and get some of my pictures posted for you to see here soon,  I just bought the new Nikon D90  and added a D700 to my equipment and thinking of selling my D80,  I made the mistake of going to a B&M store to look at the D90  and fell in love with the feel of the D700,  teach me to go back to a B&M store again  :)

As far as what RPG I am playing currently  I am back in Everquest2  but I have played most of them  but have not gotten into some of the newer ones as they seem to be more for PVP or RVR  and I am more into having fun with friends.

Again  thanks for the warm welcome and hope to be reading and posting more.

Larry

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Nice to have you here! Hope you enjoy your stay.  ;D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome aboard, Larry. I too was into photography but still is very much a gadget person. Not only do I enjoy the Kindle 2, but I also now have the added convenience of reading my books off my iPhone. What's there not to love? I also share your passion for gaming, used to be addicted to Battlefield, lol...but now have moved on to Call of Duty.  ::)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vwkitten said:
My family and I play on EQ2 together on the Guk server.

Trish Lamoree
Ummm Well it must be a small world, I also play on the Guk server, Char name Narvi (couldnt use Narvji) and if any one knows who that is I will be a little surprised hehe,

Larry

·
Registered
831 Posts
Really great coincidence! I don't get on much right now (book stuff takes precedence), but my husband and brother do as Deomorte and Mordeo.  When I'm on, I go by Charmpagne.  We're in a great guild called Freedom Knights.  I'll tell them to look for Narvi.

Trish

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right now I am in Lineage and wish I had more time to read.  I try to get in a few mins reading before raid time starts and then read a little after the raid is over.  We just scaled back to raiding 4 nights a week  so hopefully I can get in more reading now,  Raiding 7 nights a week was getting to me.  Too old for all that  eheh

Larry

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Welcome Lare58, when you get to AZ just where are you going to be?  I'm in Tucson and have been here basically all my life.  Love it.  Anyway, please post pictures of your Kindle & cover, we all love to see pictures! LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts