Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Kindle lovers! 

Yes, I love my Kindle.  There was never any buyers remorse with my purchase! My Kindle doesn't have a name, which is good because I had to replace ~It~ just before Thanksgiving since the "search" feature stopped working and no amount of help from the nice customer service people could make it better.  I felt sad sending the faulty one back and getting used to a new one-- which had a clickier click wheel but otherwise was no different.  And I hope that they can fix it and send it on to someone who wants a refurbished one!  I do love the search feature so I'm glad it's back--never heard of anyone else with a similar problem. 

I've had the Kindle since the end of June and I really feel for those who are waiting right now.  I hope yours arrives sooner than expected!  You will love yours too.

One place I find the Kindle very useful is at the gym, on the treadmill. I find it's also a good conversation starter. During the Pre-election period, I subscribed to a few political blogs and loved keeping up with the pre-election chatter and analysis.  I'm back to my usual mostly escapist fiction, which tends to the sci-fi and mystery genres. 

I was very lucky to have downloaded Robert Charles Wilson's "Spin" when it was free from Tor.  --Loved that, and that it was Free!  I am looking forward to the sequel.

I am now enjoying the first couple of Elizabeth George's mystery novels.  I loved the PBS Contemporary Mystery interpretations, but the TV version is quite different from the very detailed novels, and it has been well worth reading the real novels.  The main characters, Lynley and Havers, are very different in the novels. Also, though I've seen all the episodes, I can never remember whodunit!

I have lurked for a while...

Nice to meet you,
Esther

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome Esther and it's nice to have you here!  It's chilly here in Springfield, MA and we have a lot of snow.  We look forward to your posts.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Welcome Aboard Ester,

It is nice to have you here. Glad you came out of lurking.

Nice to meet you,

-sailor

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome Aboard, Esther -

Good to have you here!

Glad to hear your replacement Kindle is working out well for you.

I've tried reading when I use a treadmill at my gym, and I just can't get into it.  Even with a Kindle.  Luckily, my gym has some monster TV screens that is usually tuned to sports (which I love) so I make out OK  ;)

Hope to meet you in other boards here,

Marci

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Esther, welcome! Glad to have you here.

I'm in chilly Maine, enjoying the foot of snow that fell yesterday.

L

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Esther--

Welcome to the KindleBoards.  I love the Elizabeth George novels, too!  Haven't watched but a couple on PBS.

You'll love the Book Corner, with our free book, bargain book and favorite book recommendations, and we have book clubs starting in just over a week!

In Accessories, you can find lots of great gift suggestions for you Kindle!

Welcome again, and congratulations on your Kindle!

Betsy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hello Esther - It's nice to have fellow lurkers come out - and you will have so much fun here.  Lots of books, free and otherwise, and lots of suggestions for good mysteries, by famous authors and those who should/will be famous.

Welcome from Sunny Warm Mexico
Anju

1 - 12 of 12 Posts