Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!  I thought I would say high since I have been reading through this board for a bit trying to decide on a Kindle or a Sony Reader.  Well the Kindle definitely won out, and as I was doing my regular holiday shopping on Amazon I just happened to see there was a refurbished Kindle available for purchase!  So I stuck it in my cart and called my husband and told him about the wonderful gift he is buying me for Yule/X-mas.  We live in a very cozy little home and our book situation is out of control (I work at a used book store so there is always something tempting me).  We just needed a solution to our book hoarding problem, especially since we are planning on turning our library room into a nursery in a year or so.  I can't believe how lucky I was to just happen to find a Kindle for sale,  since they seem to be all sold out.  I love reading physical books but weighing our space options and the ecological factor its the right choice for me because of how much we read.  This board is awesome glad I found it!

·
Registered
447 Posts
Welcome!  It's great to have you here.  I'm in Springfield, MA and just joined this board December 3rd.  Everyone here is friendy and helpful.  We look forward to your posts and hearing about your Kindle experiences. 

I've had my Kindle for a year now and I love it!  Glad you made the Amazon Kindle choice. :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Suzanne said:
Hi, Scathatch! Welcome to the Board. Has your Kindle arrived yet? You might be surprised and find out that you prefer to read your Kindle over a DTB (dead tree book).
LOL we need a someone to post a Kindle vocabulary list. I didn't know until now that DTB meant Dead Tree Book. ::) I Googled it and found a listing that said Digital Talking Book. Thanks to Suzanne now I know. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No my Kindle hasn't arrived yet its due to arrive on the 11th!  Unfortunately I can't play with it until the 25th so its going to be pure torture!  I am already writing down a list of books I want to download.  Sucks my favorite book isn't available, Watership Down, I read it every year and occasionally have to get new copies all the time when the books starts falling apart.  I am sure I will find a ton of awesome books though.  I am very happy with their fantasy and sci-fi,  I will actually get to reading some Philip K Dick!  EKKKKK I can't wait!

B

·
0 Posts
Scathach said:
Sucks my favorite book isn't available, Watership Down, I read it every year and occasionally have to get new copies all the time when the books starts falling apart.
Welcome to the club. :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome...so glad you found us and so glad to have you here! This is a fun and friendly group and yes...we all love Watership Down, too, and wish it was on the Kindle.

L

·
Registered
869 Posts

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome Aboard!

Glad to have you hear and joining us!

You must post your Kindle's arrival date in the "Waiting for Arrival" thread
http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,562.0.html

We want to keep Kindle Watch with you!

You are so lucky to have had an opportune moment to purchase a Kindle.
You won't be disappointed in your decision. Mayhap your husband will end up wanting one too ;)

Marci

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Scathach, so happy you joined us. Kongratulations on being on Kindle Watch. Look forward to reading more of your posts. Drop by Accessories and The Book Corner.  :) Bookklubs beginning in Jan!

Linda

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome Scathach!

We'll be on KindleWatch with you!  Love being on KindleWatch!  Even if you have to wait another 2 weeks to actually open it.  2 Weeks?  Aargh soo much to do.

Welcome, see you in the Book Corner and Accessories!

Betsy

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hmmm am I crazy that I am already adding books to my Kindle wishlist?  So far I have 68 books that I want to download lol.  And I have only really gone through the fantasy section, next is Sci-Fi lol ... oh and I need to read Marley and Me, Infected, The Glass Castle, Stiff, Winkie... and... oh well thankfully I am a really fast reader I have just always had issues with storage space since I tend to want to keep and reread my books.  Only problem I am having is what to start reading first, it will probably be Swallowing Darkness (LKH is my mindless guilty pleasure, perfect after weeks of writing papers).

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Scathach said:
Hmmm am I crazy that I am already adding books to my Kindle wishlist? So far I have 68 books that I want to download lol. And I have only really gone through the fantasy section, next is Sci-Fi lol ... oh and I need to read Marley and Me, Infected, The Glass Castle, Stiff, Winkie... and... oh well thankfully I am a really fast reader I have just always had issues with storage space since I tend to want to keep and reread my books. Only problem I am having is what to start reading first, it will probably be Swallowing Darkness (LKH is my mindless guilty pleasure, perfect after weeks of writing papers).
Not crazy, just your typical Kindleholic! ;) BTW The Glass Castle is a great book.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I love "Marley & Me"!!!  ;D

And the movie version of the book is being released I believe on Christmas Day.  Don't know if I want to see it yet...

Marci

1 - 18 of 18 Posts