Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have had my kindle for about a month and I love it.  I do not get whispernet, and I don't really care.  I'm in the boonies and the first place I took my kindle was in to my deer blind for a week with about 30 books on it.  I read ten of them and never saw a deer...wonder why?  So you animal lovers out there, the kindle probably saved a buck's life this year!  Anyway, glad to be here--
Mike March, Iron Mountain, MI

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Welcome, Yoopermjm!

Congratulations on your Kindle and on your first post on Kindleboards!

Be sure to check out the Book Corner and read all the free books, bargain books and book recommendations by our members! 

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome! I love the image of a hunter sitting there reading his Kindle and forgetting about shooting deer! LOL....Glad to have you here.

L

·
Registered
795 Posts
yoopermjm said:
Well I have had my kindle for about a month and I love it. I do not get whispernet, and I don't really care. I'm in the boonies and the first place I took my kindle was in to my deer blind for a week with about 30 books on it.
Welcome! Ok....I just hafta ask. How did you keep it charged up? Do modern day deer blinds have electrical outlets?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Marci, yes that is my motorcycle.  It's a 2006 Ultra Classic Electra Glide Screamin' Eagle.  Kindle works great for hauling loads of books on long trips.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont have any problem keeping it charged, as I noted I live in the far north with no access to whispernet, so I don't leave that on, and I charge it every night even though I don't need to because the manual said the battery prefers multiple charges even when it's still mostly charged.  There is no power in my blind though, so when I go early in the morning I have my booklight, another reason no deer came my way probably... ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts