Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new user here, and as I'm posting this (from Southern California) we just had a small earthquake! Anyways I've been lurking here for a day and with so much else to read, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm familiar with common forum protocol, I definitely know where the search button is, and I know to keep it short and sweet.
The quick facts: I've owned a Kindle 2 for about 3 months now and love it. I travel a lot for work and it really saves a ton of weight in my luggage (and no more looking for English language bookstores in Eastern Europe!), and am a definite geek. My personal tools of the trade are my K2, Blackberry Storm, and a MacBook Pro (with Leopard and XP Pro.)
On a quick side note I don't really see a need to upgrade to the DX, except for the native PDF functionality, which to me is really tempting. I honestly find the DX's size to be too large, I prefer the K2's size. Tough decision. I guess I'll have to check this post in a few months to see if I upgraded or not.
  So much for brevity, it turns out that 'small' earthquake was at least a 5.0! Not bad, but I've been in much bigger (quite a few of them!). Well nice to meet you all, I look forward to all the great discussions about my favorite obsession.
  Cheers!

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Hey there neighbor, suicidepact,

Glad you wobbled on in after that shaker! I am just north of you in Central Cali...didn't feel us dropping into the ocean so we are going to be okay!!!

Nice to meet you,

Sailor

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Welcome, I live in earthquake country too, just not the same as yours.  :D

It's been a few years since we had one though.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies!  To follow up with Angela, I was only lurking for a day and I thought, "I'd better register and introduce myself, it's the polite thing to do."
And to sailor and Forster, I grew up in NorCal but I'm in SoCal (when I'm home) so I'm quite used to earthquakes, if one can be 'used to them.' Still, time to charge the batteries on my Mighty Brighty in case we lose power.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
suicidepact said:
And to sailor and Forster, I grew up in NorCal but I'm in SoCal (when I'm home) so I'm quite used to earthquakes, if one can be 'used to them.' Still, time to charge the batteries on my Mighty Brighty in case we lose power.
Well, you're just a California Man then. AND, better charge the Kindle while you're at it. ;)

Sailor

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Welcome. Glad you jumped right in. Enjoy the board. I have to ask, is there a story of your username? ;D I live in hurricane land and think an earthquake would scare me to death.  At least with the hurricane you have some warning.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
It is always nice to have a California person join, and after only one day of lurking!  That's pretty cool.

Welcome.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
It is always nice to have a California person join
Especially IF they are a later poster than I am on the Morning thread! ;D

Sailor

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Man I hate earthquakes. Welcome to the boards!!  :)

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sailor said:
Especially IF they are a later poster than I am on the Morning thread! ;D

Sailor
Rampant insomnia, ambien is my friend, although it sometimes leads to very sloppy typing, in which case, spell check is my other friend!

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Hi suicidepact :) welcome aboard!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yep, I felt it too! (I'm in L.A.)

It was a 4.7.

Welcome to KB!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The telly was on in the background last night and it said 5.0, but I haven't heard the latest 'scores' for today. When it hit I guessed it was about a 4 which was quite a bit off considerin how close it was. Still, this is good news: better to have several small quakes than one big one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts