Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my first Kindle in March 2008, as a graduation gift. I had to play with it awhile first, of course, and it wasn't long before I bought one for myself for my birthday in July.

As the author of a trilogy, I wanted to find ways of giving the first book away for free. I have the complete text posted on my website, but an e-book version is just so much easier to read and doesn't cost me anything, so I decided to e-mail a .prc copy to anyone who asks for one, and I've listed Book I on Kindle for 99 cents, which is the lowest amount Amazon will allow me to list a book for.

I'm 64 and semi-retired, although it seems like I "work" more now than I ever did when I had a day job, but it's the kind of work I love to do. I live on the central coast of California, in a redwood forest, and for fun and a few extra bucks I design websites, do a little book design, and other geeky things.

I'll find the proper forum to announce the free book, but I might as well give the info here too. You can find out much more about my books on my website here:
http://www.whenwomenwerewarriors.com/

You can e-mail me at [email protected] to request a free copy of Book I.

Catherine M. Wilson

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Just the title tempts me - I am e-mailing you after I welcome you.

Another Author!!  YAHOOOO - love kindle authors, they are the bestest.

Nice to have you join us.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi and a warm welcome to you!

I'm downloading book 1 as I type and thank you for making it available at such a low price.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Welcome to our group. It is so nice of you to give a free download of your first book. I just bought the first book in your trilogy a few days ago.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the welcomes!

By the way, I meant to mention that you're welcome to share your
free copy of Book I. It's DRM free (unlike the one you buy).

Anne said:
>> I just bought the first book in your trilogy a few days ago.

Many thanks! How did your hear about it?

Vegas_Asian: Love your sig line!

Catherine M. Wilson

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
I heard about  your trilogy  from another member here in another thread Bargain Prices January 2009. It was there because your first book was priced 99 cents. It looked like a book I would like so I bought it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Hello Catherine!

I'm so psyched you're on KB!  I just bought your Book I a few day ago and am half way through, enjoying it very much.  I made hubby stay up late last night b/c I wanted to read the Queen's Mirror short story aloud to him.  I'm looking forward to getting back to your book as soon as I get off KB.  Great job!

N :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome!
It's a wonderful thing you're doing for us. Your books sound awesome. I emailed you for a copy, now all I have to do is wait for my Kindle to get here  :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Catherine, welcome! I am going to add you to our "authors at Kindleboards" list. So glad to have you here!

L

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Catherine, happy to have another author join us! Please check out book klubs in The Book Corner. Please let us know if you would be interested in participating in the author led book klub. I got a sample of your book.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Linda said:
Please let us know if you would be interested in participating in the author led book klub.

Absolutely! I would love to participate.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
cmwilson said:
Linda said:
Please let us know if you would be interested in participating in the author led book klub.

Absolutely! I would love to participate.
That will be such fun Catherine. I will send Betsy a personal message and let her know you are interested. She will get in touch with you regarding the time. There are general guidelines in The Book Corner.Thanks so much!

·
Registered
364 Posts
I'm about 2/3 through the third one and enjoying it immensely!  Thank you so much, Catherine, for all these hours of good reading!  :-*

Sharyn

1 - 20 of 23 Posts