Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Avid kindle reader, have lurked here a bit.  Decided to join, to chat with other people who love to read, especially on the kindle.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Welcome! Glad you came out of lurk mode and joined us. This is a fun place...

L

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello, I've made a few posts, but never really introduced myself.  I have had a kindle since 8-27, pondered for quite a while, before taking advantage of the $100 off they were offering at that time.  I am an avid reader, reading a lot of different kinds of books, including historical fiction, history, sci fi, fantasy, thrillers, and mysteries.  I have taught high school for 13 years.  Just wanted to say hi, and am looking foward to chatting with people who are kindlers. 

·
Registered
829 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the Kindleboards - we are glad you are here!!

·
Super Moderator
67,250 Posts
I know Florence, KY!  I go to a musicians retreat/camp at Marydale in Erlanger every summer!

Welcome!

Ann

I

·
0 Posts
Howdy.

...and welcome.

Half my family lives in Kentucky.  My mom was from Menefee county, Frecnhburg, KY.  I usually go up there to visit about once a year.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Angela said:
Hello AKW... just in case I missed you in another thread... welcome!

Are your initials AKW?? Mine are ASW!
Yep, they sure are, and 4572 is my birthdate! :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ann Von Hagel said:
I know Florence, KY! I go to a musicians retreat/camp at Marydale in Erlanger every summer!

Welcome!

Ann
Thanks! Marydale's about 1 mile from my house. :eek:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
akw4572 said:
Hello, I've made a few posts, but never really introduced myself. I have had a kindle since 8-27, pondered for quite a while, before taking advantage of the $100 off they were offering at that time. I am an avid reader, reading a lot of different kinds of books, including historical fiction, history, sci fi, fantasy, thrillers, and mysteries. I have taught high school for 13 years. Just wanted to say hi, and am looking foward to chatting with people who are kindlers.
I'm still kicking myself about the $100 off....think of how many books I could have bought with that!!!!

BTW...welcome aboard :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
How are things in "Florence Y'all"  We moved from Cincinnati about a year ago.  We have to have Graeter's and Montgomery Inn Sauce "imported" for us, and we REALLY miss real Skyline (canned just isn't the same) and Larosas.

You just made me very homesick!

Jim

1 - 20 of 23 Posts