Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a couple of weeks trying to decide if I should purchase a Kindle 2. I threw caution to the wind a purchased one and I am very, very excited.  ;D  I have my Kindle but promised myself I would hold off until I took my final exam to open it.  Good thing for me I take my exam on Monday.  I have a decal from Decalgirl and a M-edge cover in black.  I am drooling over the Oberon cover and seriously considering sending the M-edge back and asking for the Oberon for MOther's Day.

I have so many questions, specifically about hacking my K2 in order to add my own screensavers, only I have no idea where to begin.  I will do a search and hopefully I will be able to do it on my own. Just wanted to say hello and let you all know how happy I am that I found this board.

Cee

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome Cee!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, simplyCee! Goo to know your KIndle will be well dressed after it arrives. And yes the Oberon covers are beautiful! Since you have been looking at Accessories, I'll just post a link without saying much. Have you been to The Book Corner? Lots of info on Bargain Books, Free Books and books Recommended by our Members. There is also the Tips, Tricks and TroubleShooting and Let's Talk Kindle areas, if you want to find the answer to a question or just learn more about the Kindle. Any questions, fire away, we love to help and someone here will have the answer.Glad you found us and hope you will love your kindle as much as we love ours and that you will continue to enjoy KindleBoards.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Welcome!  I'm in CT, so we're neighbors!

I am still trying to decide on a skin for my Kindle, I'm waiting until something jumps out and says 'Buy me' :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hi and welcome. Just joined yesterday so I'm new too. I wanted to add my own pictures as well, but I've heard that hacking into the Kindle and adding your own screensavers voids the warranty. For me personally I decided not to do that.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Rita said:
Hi and welcome. Just joined yesterday so I'm new too. I wanted to add my own pictures as well, but I've heard that hacking into the Kindle and adding your own screensavers voids the warranty. For me personally I decided not to do that.
That is no longer the case. It does not void your warinty to add your own screensavers. The jury is still out on the font change, but it probably won't affect it, either.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Welcome, Cee!!!    ;D

Congratulations on your Kindle purchase.  You won't regret it!    ;)

Good luck with your finals! 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Cee - nice to have you here - good luck on your final! What a nice treat when you finish!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hello Cee and welcome to the Boards! Congrats on your Kindle purchase and good luck on your finals! You are going to love your K! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts