Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Jeni and I've been reading the boards for a couple of weeks now while waiting for my Kindle. Ordered 1/20 to be received on the 25th. Like many of you, I'm having a hard time waiting. I have an Oberon cover ordered and I'm ready to read. I'm impressed with this board, don't think I have ever seen so many posts without the flame wars and drama lamas you see on many boards. Obviously this board attracts a better class of people. ::)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the board. I'm sure you will enjoy the stay here.  :)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Welcome.  We have great mods that work diligently to keep peace around here.  It's not an easy job all the time, but everyone seems to get along very well. 
deb

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Jeni - oh we have our share of bad "boys" but the mods usually keep them in line  ;D

Glad you have joined us, and next week will be a special week to remember fondly.  ;)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hello Jeni! Great to see another Kindler from Missouri here on the boards.
I know you will quickly fall in love with your new friend. BTW have you named your Kindle yet?
Mine is Bella and she is fashioned in a Royal Blue M-Edge and Decal Girl's Flower Burst Blue skin.
I like to think of my Kindle as an adult version of Barbie.  ;D
Glad you found the board.
Diane

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I have named him, Augustus. My favorite story ever is Lonesome Dove, I read it for the first time shortly after it won the Pulitzer and fell in love with Gus McCrae. If he was real, I'd be stalking him big time! I ordered the Oberon Sun cover, but changed my mind and sent an e-mail requesting a change to the River Garden cover on Friday. I haven't heard back yet, but if it is too late, I will be happy with the Sun cover. I haven't yet decided on  a skin, I figure I will see how I like it without and then look at what Decal Girl comes up with before deciding. I did order one of the Kindle Cases from Borsa Bella on Etsy and it should be here in time to keep Gus protected until the Oberon cover arrives.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, Jeni! The moderators are very good here at KindleBoards. Hope you enjoy being here while waiting on your Kindle.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome from Missouri :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts