Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
I wanted to just drop a line and thank everyone for the great info found on this board.  I am getting my first Kindle today and have been waiting all morning (5:00am) for Fedex.  I recently quit smoking after 27 years and my wife, of 26 years, gave me the choice of either a PS3 or a Kindle2.  I think I made the right choice, I guess I am getting too old to play games, or so I am told.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Welcome Barry. I think you made the right choice too. Want to give me some tips on how you managed to quit smoking? No matter how I try I seem to lose the game. Grrrrrrrr.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, BarryJ! I don't know about the to old to play games, but I think the Kindle is a great choice. If you have not done so, check out the Book Corner.
( http://www.kboards.com/index.php/board,9.0.html )
You will find ideas for cheap and free reads, and recommendations from other board members. Also Book Klubs you might wish to participate in. Congrats on the new Kindle!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Barry - CONGRATULATIONS!  What you are doing is tough - however, spending time here and reading on your kindle will definitely occupy your time.  We are obsessive about our kindles here and are NOT enablers (right folks  ::) )

Welcome to the wonderful world of Kindleboards  :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dollcrazy said:
Welcome Barry. I think you made the right choice too. Want to give me some tips on how you managed to quit smoking? No matter how I try I seem to lose the game. Grrrrrrrr.
I wish I could tell you an easy way to stop, but, what works for one may not work for another. I tried everything, gum, patches (never could keep those lit), prescriptions all of them. What worked for me was just stop buying them, Spent the first 2 days scrubbing my office walls and cleaning everything, with supervision of my wife. It has been almost a month now and at times I still catch myself reaching into my shirt pocket or looking in my desk for my long lost friend.
Thanks everyone for the welcome and I have and will be checking out the rest of the Boards.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Barry! Congrats on quitting smoking, what an accomplishment! You will love your Kindle! I have been trying to get my husband to quit smoking for 16 years with no success. Love the avatar, thought it was on my computer screen.  :D

·
Registered
904 Posts
Welcome to the family Barry....

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Welcome to the boards! PS3 or Kindle, ohhh... tough choice.  ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome from MO (St. Louis) :)

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Hi ya Barry. . .gotta do something about that avatar. . .almost smashed my computer screen. . . .LOL

Ann

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Hi Barry, welcome to Kindleboards.  I have to agree with Ann Von Hagel about your avatar, no bug in sight then there it was, I was just about to get the flyswatter out, ewww!

·
Registered
599 Posts
Haha I definitely did a double-take on that avatar, too...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts