Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking here since I got my kindle at the end of February. Every day I thank my husband for such a wonderful present! (He also got me a Wii). We have been married for almost 3 years-he is totally wonderful! I love it! I am a homemaker, formally an elementary teacher of 9 years. Not having to work was another gift of my husbands. We don't have children-yet, but hopefully soon. We do have 3 cats. I must say I am totally hooked on the kindle! The convenience, the lightness ( I tend to read thicker books), the convenience-ahh I am in heaven!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Welcome!  My Kindle 2 was a gift from my husband, too.  Only we've been married a few years longer.  We'll be married 38 years in July.  Anyway, you're going to love this place.  I lurk more than I post, but there are a lot of fun characters and very helpful Kindlers on here. 

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Greetings and Welcome, BookLover! Glad to have you with us. Have you lurked looked in the Book Corner? Lots of ideas about cheap or even free reads there. Hope you continue to enjoy your Kindle and your time at KIndleBoards.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Hi, Booklover,
Welcome. I just wanted to tell you I LOVE MS in the spring, autumn and winter. {You notice I left out summer!} I lived in MS for over 30 years and was a teacher in Jones county. I have one son who works in Hattiesburg. {The other is in NC}

I am now in Vermont where we have winter with heavy snow and spring with snow showers!

patrisha

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to the boards! You will find plenty of friendly people, good reading recommendations, and ways to dress up your new device  :D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi Booklover - DH's are pretty wonderful aren't they?  I have a terrific one, been married 24 years and feels like only yesterday  ;)  I'd like to warn you about something on the KBs though - watch out for the enablers  ::)  They will send you to the accessories thread where you can dress up your kindle just like a baby  :D

Seriously, nice to have you here  8)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Anju No. 469 said:
Hi Booklover - DH's are pretty wonderful aren't they? I have a terrific one, been married 24 years and feels like only yesterday ;) I'd like to warn you about something on the KBs though - watch out for the enablers ::) They will send you to the accessories thread where you can dress up your kindle just like a baby :D

Seriously, nice to have you here 8)
Now Anju, I mentioned only the Book Corner earlier, I didn't say anything about how there were lots of ideas to glam of your Kindle in the Accessories area.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Britt *since 1869* said:
Welcome to the boards! You will find plenty of friendly people, good reading recommendations, and ways to dress up your new device :D
...guilty ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
KindleKay (aka #1652) said:
*Big jumping up and down wave from Arkansas*

Hi Booklover!! Glad you are here. Don't listen to any of them....the accessories corner is just an interesting read ::)
What she said. Here's a link:Accessories ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts